Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was told by the doctor today it occurs mostly between 20 and 40 and normally subsides,if this is the case i thought it a relevant question to ask peoples ages here and when it started for you?

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts
i'm 58. i have ibs-c. it started with me when i was about ten---it was intermittent back then. got worse in my 20's--by that time i had it pretty much on a daily basis-- more worse in my 40's and a lot more worse after menopause.but everyone is different. hopefully your doc is right and it will subside for you--and for others here on the board....

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have suffered with severe ibs for over 20years,i am 47 now and it is still as bad.I started having problems when i was a little girl.I still hope that it will ease one day and i do hope you feel better to.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i was told by the doctor today it occurs mostly between 20 and 40 and normally subsides,if this is the case i thought it a relevant question to ask peoples ages here and when it started for you?
Sudden onset in early 40s, shortly after probable low level food poisoning almost 3 years ago. All manner of existing conventional and complementary treatment has reduced the intensity of symptoms, of which I have many, but have not made them any more predictable or less chronic. I have been symptomatic every waking hour every day. I hope at some point well within my remaining lifetime, that will no longer be the case, but for now, I've pretty much been there and done that and don't expect it to subside any time soon.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
My digestive system spiraled down over many years, starting in my 20s. Full on D did not begin until I was in my early 40s; and that lasted for 10 years until I found a treatment that really seemed to affect the cause of my problems. My bowels are still overactive; but the life problem has virtually disappeared. Now 65 and I think I am good for another active 10-15 years, earthquakes and auto accidents aside.Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.