Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing the doctor on Friday. I have chronic IBS-C plus anxiety disorder and have had it for 13 years. I have tried Amitiza (doesn't work for more than a few days), extra fiber, water, exercise, Miralax, stool softeners, etc. About 5 years ago I was put on Paxil but hated it - it made me pile on the pounds and I felt like I was in a fog and ALWAYS tired. Then I tried Prozac, which did help some but again, more weight gain and that made my anxiety worse. Now I want to try something different - I've done some research and came up with the following: Wellbutrin, Effexor and Pristiq. I am trying to figure out something that can help reduce my anxiety (all three have been used for that) but have the least likely chance of weight gain. I also heard that Topamax used in conjunction with antidepressants can help reduce carb cravings and appetite. Any advice? I could use some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am seeing the doctor on Friday. I have chronic IBS-C plus anxiety disorder and have had it for 13 years. I have tried Amitiza (doesn't work for more than a few days), extra fiber, water, exercise, Miralax, stool softeners, etc. About 5 years ago I was put on Paxil but hated it - it made me pile on the pounds and I felt like I was in a fog and ALWAYS tired. Then I tried Prozac, which did help some but again, more weight gain and that made my anxiety worse. Now I want to try something different - I've done some research and came up with the following: Wellbutrin, Effexor and Pristiq. I am trying to figure out something that can help reduce my anxiety (all three have been used for that) but have the least likely chance of weight gain. I also heard that Topamax used in conjunction with antidepressants can help reduce carb cravings and appetite. Any advice? I could use some.
Hi, I'm new here. I have IBS-C plus tons of anxiety and it all started when I went off of paxil. It's so highly addictive-Effexor is as or more addictive, so buyer beware!!! I heard this from a pharmacist. Do you like miralax? I use herbs for anxiety plus constipation, and I've just started taking a new probiotic whichis recommended for IBS. More info. if you want it. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts