Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heather here again, just wanted some input on some of the anticholinergics out there that are working for others. I have tried Levsin-SL for 3 months and it didn't relieve anything and Bentyl for several months also, however I could not deal with the dizziness it caused me...it lasted anywhere from 1-3 hours and taking it 3 times a day, really made me not functionable. Just wondering if there are any new ones available or suggestions of what some of you are using that have worked. I really believe I need something aggressive and would like to get some suggestions to pass along to my docs when I see them. Thanks for the input.Heatherhak1luv###aol.com

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Note that Librax also contains an anti-axiety medication.Donnatal might actually increase motilty.There are other anticholinergic drugs and there are other kinds of drugs that will affect motility. Some of these include calcium channel blockers, the alpha agonist clonidine. The most potent drug to stop gut motility is glucagon. Finally, there are there are several drugs available outside the US. These includemebeverine-smooth muscle relaxant, anti-cholinergic.pinaverium-calcium channel blockercimetropium-anticholinergicalverine-smooth muscle relaxant.rociverine-smooth muscle relaxant.tiropiramide-smooth muscle relaxant..otilonium-calcium channel blockerHowever, before you are popping all sorts of pills, I think you should be sure that hypermotility is at least part of your problem.If your only symptom is pain, it would not be. However, with those adhesions, I don't know for sure. I think you would still have some other indication. For example, could first tell if your symptoms are varied by eating and in what way? Have you had any kind of motility studies done? Probably that should be your next step.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Note that Librax also contains an anti-axiety medication.Donnatal might actually increase motilty.There are other anticholinergic drugs and there are other kinds of drugs that will affect motility. Some of these include calcium channel blockers, the alpha agonist clonidine. The most potent drug to stop gut motility is glucagon. Finally, there are there are several drugs available outside the US. These includemebeverine-smooth muscle relaxant, anti-cholinergic.pinaverium-calcium channel blockercimetropium-anticholinergicalverine-smooth muscle relaxant.rociverine-smooth muscle relaxant.tiropiramide-smooth muscle relaxant..otilonium-calcium channel blockerHowever, before you are popping all sorts of pills, I think you should be sure that hypermotility is at least part of your problem.If your only symptom is pain, it would not be. However, with those adhesions, I don't know for sure. I think you would still have some other indication. For example, could first tell if your symptoms are varied by eating and in what way? Have you had any kind of motility studies done? Probably that should be your next step.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.