Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just of curiosity, what foods are non-irritating and tolerable to you? Mine are saltine crackers, non sweetened applesauce, fruit snacks, pretzals,ritz crackers, oatmeal, chicken nuggets,Rice,water,puffed rice cereal, and BLT's. please share.also, what do you get when you go to mcdonalds, wendys, ect. i get chicken nuggets and fries everytime, and of corse, no soda!

·
Registered
621 Posts
I can eat just about all bland foods but Oatmeal sends me to the bathroom in a hurry.I do well with some cereals. I get whatever I want at fast food places as long as it is not spicey. Most often I will get just a hamburger, small fry and diet coke.I pay for it some though....Jleigh

G

·
Comfort foods? Hmmm.... let's see... that would be rice milk, rice, cream of wheat and cream of rice, hard cheese that isn't aged very much, potatoes, chicken, toast and Coke. And while chocolate is the 7th basic food group.... I have to watch that one or I end up on the D end again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
comfort foods...chicken and rice ('cept I went vegan, so it's soy chicken and rice!), bagels w/ tofu cream cheese, and this awesome tofu ice cream that I make. As for fast food, I never did like it. It's just as well...out of desparation on a road trip a few months ago I drove through Wendys for french fries and a diet Coke. BAD, BAD MOVE. I will never take another road trip without cereal bars again!Jane

·
Registered
617 Posts
the easiest thing on my stomach is hard Pretzels. When I call my hubby up at work and say bring "pretzels" he knows its been a bad D day. They bind me up. Also boiled potatoes,baked potatoes, rice, crackers, noodles, all the white bland food to bind me up helps

·
Registered
340 Posts
Comfort foods? Hmmm. At Wendy's I can eat the nuggets (yuck) with a baked potato. I try to stay away from fried foods because of the calories. I can eat a small hamburger without lettuce or tomato. At home, I go back to the potatoes, rice, oatmeal (cooked variety, not the instant), peeled apples, some cheese, peanut butter with crackers, 1% milk, tea and peppermint sticks. Hot tea usually doesn't bother me. Cookies like sugar cookies or maybe animal crackers or vanilla wafers and pretzels. Ice cream is o.k. if it doesn't have nuts. Baked or grilled chicken or fish work for me and most meats that are not fried. I have given up caffeine unless in tea. I drink a lot of decaf. I have also given up any type of alcohol. That is just like a laxative to me. Insoluble fiber is bad for me so I have to watch high fiber foods. Corn, slaw, onions and any unpeeled fruits (even tomatoes) and any high fiber cereals are definitely no no's.Usually I can eat most anything I want in moderation (even chocolate) with the exception of the above named foods. Other than those I seem to follow no set pattern. I think it depends on how much and how often I eat them. I do wish I could find a set of rules concerning foods and just stick to it. Wouldn't that be nice?

·
Registered
22 Posts
White rice, white rice, and more white rice. Also bananas, yogurt, grilled chicken or fish, potatoes (no skins), yams, tortilla chips.Stuff I must avoid include popcorn, pizza, potato skins, and apples.

·
Registered
342 Posts
For me that would be:eek:atmeal porridge, specially the instant microwave ones with a little fruit (which is usually peeled/dried and so ok). Low fat cheese crackers with a little smear of low fat cream cheese, lean/fat trimmed chicken, potatoes cooked any way but specially baked, sweet potato, bananas, pears, low fat fruit yoghurt, and of course chocolate, but I have to be careful not to overdo the choc or my tummy gets upset! :love:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
When I think of "Comfort Foods", I think of what helps me EMOTIONALLY...that would be macaroni and cheese or mashed potatoes.As for my IBS/Crohn's, foods taht I eat when I am sick include white rice, grits, peanut butter on crackers, animal crackers.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Plain pasta. Mr. Ty thinks I'm crazy because he can't stand pasta without some sort of sauce!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Mahed potatoes, I could eat them everyday and never get tired of them, baked potatoes with sour cream, cubed potatoes fried in butter with lots of salt and pepper, roasted potatoes with rosemary leaves and garlic, shepherd's pie, pork chops with mashed potatoes, mashed poatoes with pickled beets, with pickles, with sliced ham and gravy!!! I want mashed potatoes NOW!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
mmm pizza...
the one food that I can almost always eat no problem... (and just happens to be my favorite... next to lasagna) and cheese tortillas are good too... sometimes with sour lean (tastes better than sour cream) but that doesn't always agree with me... can't have fries
cuz i'm allergic to potatoes (strange I know...) and for fast food... I can have fish fillet's at mcdonalds... nothing else... taco bell is usually ok... arby's is guaranteed to make me sick, and the rest are kinda hit and miss...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Nothing like a homemade pot of chicken soup with some little pasta or some rice for me. Whenever I am sick with anything chicken soup always soothes me. I always have it on hand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Being from Chicago, deep-dish pizza is a way of life around here. Unfortunately, most pizza sends my gut into a tizzy. (Sigh)One pizza I found I *can* tolerate is Domino's thin crust. For some reason it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Toast! lots of it! hot and buttered - although i read the other day that ibs sufferers should eat their toast cold and crisp - yuk!Er...biscuits, crackers,chicken, rice,porridge - believe it or not - apple juice, weak tea, and wait for it - chocolate!As long as it's not too dark.liz

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.