Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems everybody has different IBS symptoms. I'm wondering how everybody's symptoms differ. Here's mine: Lower abdominal cramps -- at and right below my belly button. Frequent urge to go. Sometimes stools are loose/watery. Other times they're "normal" looking. After a bm, I often feel like I still need to go, but can't go any more. (Feeling not completely emptied.) I'm nervous about going out to public events, meals with groups, or other situations that would be uncomfortable if I had to use the restroom. When I do have to go out for business dinners and things of the like, my IBS gets worse. I constantly worry about having an IBS attack when I'm in an unfamiliar setting. No real triggers except for caffeine. Some days are very mild while other days the cramping is constant and severe. When having days of loose/watery stools and I'm going somewhere, I'll take Immodium. Two sometimes seems like too much. But one sometimes doesn't seem like enough. I've tried 1 1/2, but again, it's hard to get the right dose. Well, there you have it. How about you?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
It's all in my signature.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My symptoms are cramps in the lower abdomen and when I have the urge to go, I need a bathroom right away. Occasionally I'll have loose stools, but most of the time I'm constipated. If I have an event to go to, I will not use any meds the day before. And I'm very careful about what I eat. I dread having to use a public restroom. Most days I'm okay. I've learned how to live with my IBS pretty well. There are days, though!Liz

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Because I normally no longer have symptoms, it only becomes apparant that I still have this when I go off of my supplement for an extended period of time, as recently happened. Then I can have frequent D and incomlete evacuation, a band of burning all day in my stomach, random cramping pain on the left side of the lower ribs, occasional extremely sharp pain right behind my navel, sewer strength gas, and reflux at night, although that hasn't happened since July of 1998 (thank God!). There are also a number of issues around horrible itching and tears in the rectal area.As it stands, thankfully, this is completely non-existant (other than gas, but no longer of the same quality) with the flavonoids.Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts