Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
dizzinesssinusitisheadaches,costochondritis,shoulder, neck & lower back painIBSsensitivity to light and soundssensitivity to heat and coldhigh blood pressuredepression/anxietyfatigueitchinginsomnia

·
Registered
299 Posts
Joint and muscles pain (all over my body)stiffness in the morningsensation of swelling numbness and cramping in legsfatigueinsomniasensitivity to light and soundssensitivity to coldsinusitisbladder infectiondry eyes and mouthskin sensitivitysensitivity to stress and memory loss

·
Registered
597 Posts
Joint and muscles pain stiffness in the morningsensation of swelling numbness and cramping in legssensitivity to coldmemory lossirritability with everyone around mefluid retentionlower back spasmsSandi

·
Registered
75 Posts
Patty, I have just started getting the rash. I had and still am in a very bad flare. One of the symptoms I got was a rash on my arm and back. My arm also felt like it was swollen. My face also got a rash that was more pathy. The rash on my face went away after one or two treatments of cortisone cream but the rash on my arm remained until the sensation of swelling also went away. I can remember getting these symptoms last winter as well. It seems that the face rash seems to be aggravated by the cold weather. The body rash can be brought on by hot baths according to my doctor. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too get rashes - on my upper back and around my waist when I wear pants/skirts/undies with elastic bands. (not allergic to elastic) I also have a triangular shaped red area on my neck/chest area, as does my mother who also has FMS. My symptoms: sore spots on top of head; frequent headaches; sinus infections; chronic sore throat; hypothyroid with thyroid nodules; shoulder pain; upper back spasms; lower back pain; Reynaud's syndrome (bad circulation in hands causing pain, stiffness, burning; IBS; osteoarthritis in hip; 2 bulging lower disks; sciatica; knee pain; Plantaar Fasciits; Achilles tendonitis; Iliopsoas Tendonitis; memory problems; depression; feeling "off balance"; many many tender points; and many more I can't seem to think of right now!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Pain under right rib cageShoulder painFrequent Headachesjoint pain and stiffness (especially morning)Crohn's Disease with IBS-usually Canxietyinsomniadepressionextreme fatigue (esp. at night)I'm sure that there are others that I forgot.

·
Registered
228 Posts
fatigue!!!this is the worstpain-all over-primarily uppershoulders and backmorning stiffnessIBSmemory loss and forgetfulness-geez,I am only 40,i am not supposed to be this forgetful yet
anyone have wierd sx like their fingers feel"fat' in the morning???

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
celticlady, my symptoms mirror yours the most. Yes my fingers feel fat in the morning, are stiff and hurt.Also my feet hurt, mostly in the ankles, and my toes feel numb and stiff too. My neck is also very stiff and painful. If I don't take a benadryl before bed, I don't sleep very soundly and tend to wake up after a few hours. Sometimes my intestines hurt, and I think that makes me wake up (I think they must spasm too, during my restless sleep, and become sluggish so gas and stool build up).I do think my lack of stamina is the worst though. Feeling lethargic everyday is the pits! Sometimes it is down right embarrassing when you forget things too! It makes you look like such an idiot!
I know, I should speak for myself!
M.Waaaaa, Waaaaaa, waaaaaa!
I sound like such a whiner today! Oh well, you had to ask!

G

·
I'm new so be gentle. I've not been dx'd w/Fibro but seems like that may be what is going on.*burning pain in neck, shoulders & back*rash*red triangular patch at neck*urinary tract infections???*frequent waking ### night to urinate*fatigue*at least 15 of the pressure points*headaches*grinding teeth ### night

·
Registered
93 Posts
muscle pain (worst in back, shoulders, and neck)joint pain (this is relatively new)rib cage painabdominal painextreme fatigueleg and foot crampsdizzinessbalance problemsblurry visionnumbness and tingling in hands and feetheadaches - sometimes migraine, sometimes tensionmuscle tightness and spasmsIBSrecurrent UTIslow grade fever most of the timehypersensitivity to coldnight sweatsdifficulty sleepingsinus infections/chronic sinusitisringing in ears

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have just about every symptom listed here, from the sore one the top of my head (its been there 10 years)to the pain in my right rib cage(thats a new one for me)My hands break out in blisters which later ends in cracking and bleeding, I get circular patches of raw skin on my shoulders and chest. Neck pain is reaching intolerable levels.I had am IBS-d attack so bad in Dec I was bedridden for 2 weeks, wanted to die, I even had to leave my daughters wedding. I have a new problem though that I haven't seen here, my heart is skipping beats, 4 times a minute on a good day, 12 times a minute on bad days.My doctor rushed me to the hospital on Thur. after hearing it, it showed on the monitor, but after hours of tests they could find no cause and sent me home, its still happening, but its scary and distracting, anyone else experience this? I also have a racing heart, my pulse usually doesn't fall below 120, thats probably what causes the dizzy spells. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Gosh, Lori, you've really been going through a lot. I wish I could help. My heart will sometimes beat about 12 real quick beats before it goes back in rhythm, but whenever I mentiioned it to the Doc, he said that is quite normal for most people as they get "older". Geez, I'm only 52! Feel like 92. And want to live to be at least 120. Pretty whacky, huh?!I wonder if your Potassium levels are out of whack from having the IBS-D attacks. Potassium causes muscles to go "whacky". Can make you dizzy, extremem muscle ache and pain, and the heart is a muscle. Anyone got any ideas?Take care.Karen

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Lori Ann, have you had your thyroid checked? My pulse was like yours, in the 120 beats a minute range, while I was hyperthyroid. I also had little blisters on my hands and feet. I could list all the other symptoms but the list is LONG. Also, for those that mentioned that they are hypothyroid....if your doctor is following only your TSH then it is quite possible that you are still hypothyroid even while taking thyroid replacement hormone. TSH is an excellent test for diagnosing a thyroid problem, but is ineffective as a tool to monitor thyroid replacement therapy.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi!The doctor checked my thyroid, but it showed nothing, it always shows nothing. Which doesn't help me at allAs for the potassium, I had actually wondered that myself since my last IBS attack was so serious, I don't know if the doc checked that but I had actually mentioned it to my husband last week, I'll ask the doctor. For the last 10 weeks my diet mostly consisted of crackers, baby cookies and melba toast, I wouldn't be surprised it everything is low. I gave up my lifelong chocolate habit about 8 months ago, it didn't help-so much for that theory. But I have graduated to rice and chicken, had cramping tonight but it stayed in my stomach, the nexium is finally kicking in after almost 8 weeks, still afraid to leave the house, and the brain fog is terrible, found the shampoo in the fridge (at least the kids got a charge out of that) I know the dish soap is in the bathroom (thats were I saw it last)Aren't you glad I don't drive a bus or work in a nuclear plant near you LOL, and I am having a terrible time tying to remember how to spell. It seems the heart thing started around the same time I started taking the nexium, doc didn't seem to think that was the cause, even if it is, what choice do I have- starvation or heart attack, not great options, anyone else taking nexium?Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.