Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on this board previously when my doctors (mis)diagnosed me with IBS. Turns out I had a C. difficile infection to explain the bowel issues and months later I was finally diagnosed with adenomyosis which explained the pain. Unfortunately, the only cure for adenomyosis is to get a hysterectomy... I am 30 yrs. old, no kids but want them sometime in the future, and am getting married in less than a week... OK, my self-pity party is over! My problem now is that I am CONSTANTLY constipated. Nothing seems to move through my system. My OB/GYN said it could be from the Lupron (hormones that put you into menopause) or progesterone. I am eating fiber, stopped taking narcotics a month ago... I just can't seem to go! Suppositories don't work at all. The only thing that seems to work is taking a stimulant laxative but it puts me in so much pain and I end up being stuck in the bathroom all day and after all that I am right back to where I started. Any suggestions? Even names of prescriptions would be OK!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't think anyone who participates in this message board truly has a solution, otherwise, they'd be elsewhere. I know I would! Right now, I'm taking Acidophilus. It's a probiotic, and so far, it helps to lessen the miserable feeling, although I'm still bloated. I take double the recommended dose on the bottle. I just increased the dosage, so I don't know if that will help the bloating. Sometimes, I take Zelnorm when I wake up in the morning, & wait about 2 hrs. before I eat any food. That works well if I don't take it all the time, but it doesn't help the bloating. Best wishes on your wedding!

·
Registered
269 Posts
coffee - keeps me regular. I go almost daily. I still consider myself IBS-C even though I am rarely C, but deal with pain and bloat. I occasionaly use Philips stool softeners, no stimulants, and drink lots of water.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just recently got my C under control. I visited an alternitive med doc and he put me on many supplements but the one for C is magnesieum oxide. I'm amazed at how well it works. I've had to adjust the doseages. Currently, I am taking 3000 mg a day. The doc told me I need to "paint the toliet". In other words, liduid stools are ok. I do have a bit of urgency when I have to go but for me it's better that having a full colon!
quote:Originally posted by newsjunkie:I was on this board previously when my doctors (mis)diagnosed me with IBS. Turns out I had a C. difficile infection to explain the bowel issues and months later I was finally diagnosed with adenomyosis which explained the pain. Unfortunately, the only cure for adenomyosis is to get a hysterectomy... I am 30 yrs. old, no kids but want them sometime in the future, and am getting married in less than a week... OK, my self-pity party is over! My problem now is that I am CONSTANTLY constipated. Nothing seems to move through my system. My OB/GYN said it could be from the Lupron (hormones that put you into menopause) or progesterone. I am eating fiber, stopped taking narcotics a month ago... I just can't seem to go! Suppositories don't work at all. The only thing that seems to work is taking a stimulant laxative but it puts me in so much pain and I end up being stuck in the bathroom all day and after all that I am right back to where I started. Any suggestions? Even names of prescriptions would be OK!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too fight with Chronic Constipation and I too can't seem to find anything that works. Although lately I ahve the loose bowels issue and can't seem to explain that one but of course the intense pain is still there. I have tried suppositories, stool softeners, mineral oil, excercise, prunes, grape nuts. Yeah I'm sure you get the picture. One of you mentioned Magnesium was helping you, where do you find that ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.