Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can't find anything that i can eat without giving me pain and total discomfort , i've tried eating no dairy then no lactose and nothing seems to help. I get awful stomach pain and diarrheoa that never goes away. I'm only 15 years old and i just don't know what will help . the doctor has put me on ranatadine and amatryptaline which dont seem to help that much, does anyone know any food that will help??

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
For a lot of people the colon activity that happens after every meal of every food in every person every day of their lives is what triggers the pain and diarrhea.In that case with post eating pain and diarrhea how you eat may be more important than what.a 300 calorie or so meal that is relatively low in fat every 3-4 hours maybe with an antispasmodic or some peppermint tea 20-30 minutes before a meal will be much better than anything you eat after starving until you can't take it anymore.Eating a large fatty meal when you haven't eaten for a long time is a recipe for post-eating pain and diarrhea. It can even do that to people without IBS (if you ever watch Survivor when they get pizza and burgers after not eating much at all for weeks on end they often all get digestive issues from it).Foods that are low in gas production may be helpful so try small meals with 1/2 cup of cooked rice, grilled or baked chicken or turkey breast or a lean fish (like 3-4 ounces) and some steamed or cooked veggies for each meal may be something to try 4-5 times a day for a few days to get the GI tract back on track, especially if you have been skippin a lot of meals.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Have you been tested for small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)? It's a hydrogen breath test, all you do is breathe into a bad every 15min for 2 hours. they usually let u watch tv.When my bacterial overgrowth was at it's highest everything bothered me. i tried taking all kinds of things out of my diet and it wouldn't matter because the bacteria had taken over. I would really consider getting that test done.If you have SIBO they give you an antibiotic then you follow right after with a probiotic. From there, you do the right diet. Eat steamed veggies and cut out carbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts