Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about trapped gas, how the spasms prevent gas from moving along efficiently, I get that every day now. I've been having trapped gas every day for 6 years, I know it isn't excess gas now but just trapped. The problem is that I didn't get trapped gas every single day before 6 years ago, it just suddenly came on, now my question; what could have possibly caused the change of mechanism in my intestines to trap gas regularly? I know its a dragged out question but....

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Something mucked up the Enteric Nervous System which coordinates the contrations all along the intestine. If they contract in an uncoordinated way gas may not move through the GI tract properly.This can occur suddenly, often when it does that a GI infection and the damage from fighting it off is what seems to muck up the Enteric Nervous System.K.------------------ kmottus###aol.com�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Something mucked up the Enteric Nervous System which coordinates the contrations all along the intestine. If they contract in an uncoordinated way gas may not move through the GI tract properly.This can occur suddenly, often when it does that a GI infection and the damage from fighting it off is what seems to muck up the Enteric Nervous System.K.------------------ kmottus###aol.com�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks K for the info, I have Celexa I'm supposed to be taking again for my depression and anxiety, will that be the right stuff to regulate the nerves? I'd be taking 20mg/day for 6 months. Also, Would Ambien or some other type of RX sleep aid help with my problem? Thanks again.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks K for the info, I have Celexa I'm supposed to be taking again for my depression and anxiety, will that be the right stuff to regulate the nerves? I'd be taking 20mg/day for 6 months. Also, Would Ambien or some other type of RX sleep aid help with my problem? Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,337 Posts
quote:I know it isn't excess gas now but just trapped.
How do you know that it is gas?------------------I am not a doctor, nor do I work for profit in the medical/pharmacological field, but I have read scientific and medical texts, and have access to numerous sources of medical information that are not readily available to others. One should always consult a medical professional regarding advice received.

·
Registered
10,337 Posts
quote:I know it isn't excess gas now but just trapped.
How do you know that it is gas?------------------I am not a doctor, nor do I work for profit in the medical/pharmacological field, but I have read scientific and medical texts, and have access to numerous sources of medical information that are not readily available to others. One should always consult a medical professional regarding advice received.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Give me a break flux, you've read my many questions about gas and the like, look back at old messages I've already told you I know its gas, because it's being passed all the time, first you tell me it isn't excess gas but only trapped. Now that say it's trapped you further question me. Anyone else have an ANSWER?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Give me a break flux, you've read my many questions about gas and the like, look back at old messages I've already told you I know its gas, because it's being passed all the time, first you tell me it isn't excess gas but only trapped. Now that say it's trapped you further question me. Anyone else have an ANSWER?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.