Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,A few weeks ago me and my friend both started suffering with weird cramping pain on the left and right hand side. I felt incredibly bloated and my tummy was upset. Hers got better and mine didn't. It continued with the pain and then it localised near my bladder and I had to keep going to pee a lot, as well as my normal IBS. I went to the doctors and they diagnosed me with a bladder infection and gave me a 3 day course of antibacterials. These worked, took away the pain, needing to pee and massively improved my IBS symptons. [Two days I only went once! one BM, oh joy] anyway, two days on from finishing the course, the pain is returning again, left and right hand cramping, IBS is massively disturbed again, loose stools, sense of urgency, pains around the abdomen, and also peeing a little more.I'm not sure what to do as I feel a bit like a hypachondriac all I know is the pain doesn't feel like my normal IBS and the fact the anti bacterials cleared it up might be a sign I have some kind of infection. However I'm not sure about something that would feed both to my bowel and my bladder.Any help is appreciated. I really don't want to have to go to the doctors again for them to randomly guess or say theres nothing wrong.Could it be SIBO? I've had antibiotics a few times and it's always relieved my IBS symptons but nobody has ever tested me and I doubt my local doctors would have the technology or refuse me.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Even without SIBO sometimes people happen to have colon bacteria that produce more gas than others and that can be a bother.Have you ever tried probiotics to see if they help?Sometimes antibiotics aren't enough to knock back an infection all the way so if the urinary symptoms come back it usually is reasonable to go back to the doctor rather than ignore it.If you both got an infection it could have different consequences for someone that already had IBS as that sort of physical stress can increase IBS symptoms for awhile more than you would see in someone who was healthy. Even if you clear out the infection.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Kathleen,thanks for your response. the bladder hasn't flared back up yet but the bloating has. I eat probiotic for breakfast but I'm considering changing my breakfast to something else, maybe something oat based to reduce my bloating and wind. though I've found kiwis help lots! Unfortunately havnt been able to find any in the shops for the last week.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update I am going to the doctors this evening, I am so bloated and cannot stop passing wind, feel the need to go to the toilet a lot for small loose BM's. Along with an intense flashing pain every so often on the left and right hand sides, also peeing more again.Hopefully get this sorted. Also might ask to be tested for sibo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts