Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just joined but wanted to post and get some advice.

I've always had constipation, but before it wasn't too bad and was manageable. I've also dealt with GERD and nausea/vomiting for the past few years. My constipation has been worse for a few years now, but I've been managing by taking Miralax regularly to stay regular. Over the past few months though, I've been experiencing symptoms I had never had before. It started with the nausea and vomiting returning, then I had a strong bout of reflux, lately though I'll be doing pretty good and then all of a sudden I just go to the bathroom and get extreme stomach pain. I don't know if I would call them cramps, but I just know it's fine, then I have to go to the bathroom and have this pain until I go. It starts off with formed stool but this cycle repeats for hours and eventually as I go and go it turns into diarrhea. I've had to run to the bathroom feeling like I'm going to have an accident along with the pain and it lasts for a few hours. Maybe by the next day, everything just stops. I'll pass some gad but it hurts while it's "moving on down towards the exit" until I pass it and this repeats every time I do need to pass gas. I won't have a BM for DAYS unless I take Miralax or do something but when I have one of these episodes I'm scared to take Miralax because I fear it will make it worse or make me go and I'll have the pain again. I don't know what to do anymore. I've had mucous in my poo and I've even felt like I needed to go but I won't do anything, just mucus. This is usually a few days before I have another "episode". I'm making an appointment with my GI but they're closed until after New Years so I'm just trying to figure this out myself until then. What could this be? I've never been diagnosed with IBS but am wondering if this could be the cause? I've read IBS, Diverticulitis, Chron's, Ulcerative Colitis, all of these things could cause these symptoms but what symptoms could be a classic sign of one vs. the other? Could I have one of these based on these symptoms? I'm scared to eat, scared to have to go to the bathroom, I've lost quite a few lbs over the past month. Usually with these episodes I throw up and will have pain in both my lower abdomen but also up by my stomach. I'm living in constant fear of not knowing when these "episodes" will show up again. I try not to worry but it's easier said than done. I just want to feel fine again, this is so frustrating!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.