Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says what defines diarheah?I've been suffering from realy soft green stool for about 4/5 months and past month or so its bits n piecy stool but still green. its quite narrow but i think thats due to my stool being soft. I normally only go once a day but can sometimes have to go again for a realy small pen lid size stool afterwards, this is maybe a once a week occurence.Can this be classed as diarheah?Also I know this is a different topic but can IBS sufferers suffer from diarheah or soft green stool for such a long time and never once having any "solid" stools in those months?Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Many thanks yet again Kathleen, I'm just getting worried as the Colonoscopy date gets nearer and as my stools seem to be changing the longer time goes on its making me paranoid!I have had multiple tests all normal and have gained about half a stone in the past few months which all bodes well but i just cant get the worry out of my head due to having this ache lower left for 8 months now and now the changing stools, lumpy feeling getting worse just under my loweest left rib and the lumpy feeling in my throat!Many thanks again for your time

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The more you worry when you have IBS the more abnormal the stools are and the more pain you have thus making you worry more and so on. This is true of any disease, but particularly IBS because the brain and the gut nerves like to talk to each other.If you can't manage the worry or anxiety on your own please talk to the doctor about that. Some of the treatments also help with IBS symptoms so sometimes you get double duty out of one med.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts