Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The most natural thing you can do is drink 6-8 cups of water a day, and not tap water! that can make things worse. Try to get plenty of excercise too, I find that swimming a couple of times a week really helps with the constipation!Also for some strange reason McDonalds seems to bulk my stools right up and ease constipation, it's the only take-away I can eat which doesn't cause my symptoms to flare up.

G

·
@chrisrobinson- Why would tap water make things worse? Since I have had to give up sodas, I am drinking a lot more tap water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HiI read honey with milk should do the trick.I tried it once.But what I was finding helped was a handful of dates and honey on toast before bed. Not sure which element was helping.The bread was 50/50, but I've now got a loaf of brown bread.I'm still very much in experimental phase.And yes, surprising Mac D might help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi and thaks for you post.Scarlett - Prof Whorwell was on Embarring Bodies on Ch4 last week about IBS. I'm from Chorley lancsThe Nortriptyline ia making me constipated, but it has eased my stomach pains..so I'll have to try and manage the CFiona

1 - 7 of 7 Posts