Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of conditions besides the IBS, some cause a lot of body aches and pain. Some of the time I can take ibuprofen or Tylenol without consequence. Other times either of those can cause stomach upset and a very cranky colon. I never know how it will turn out in advance. How do you deal with your aches, pains, and fever in light of IBS?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I usually don't find anything upsets the IBS, but I get bad heartburn if I take too many NSAIDs. Sometimes I have to as that is what works, but I try to avoid them and stick to tylenol which usually is the best tolerated.You could try some of the topical things or stick to ice and heat. Ice is usually best right after an injury or strain to keep the swelling down then heat or ice later depending on what works and how much swelling there still is. Ice will keep the swelling down and heat relaxes muscles and increases blood circulation so can make it heal better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.