Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've benefitted from doing hypnotherapy but I'm looking for additional help with these painful spasms. The only thing that really helps me is to take hot baths but I haven't found anything else to help with this problem. I especially hate it when my stomach starts spasming and it makes loud noises like it's doing at this very moment. I think caffiene sets it off more than anything. Anybody have any suggestions to help this like anti-spasmodics maybe? I'll check the archive for additional information.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Antispasmodics can help. Caffiene can be problematic for some people as it stiumaltes the gut.OTC peppermint works well for some people. Various prescription antispasmodics are also available.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am on dicyclomine for colon spasms and Levsin for stomach spasms. The dicyclomine by itself (which was for diverticulosis) did not seem to help. But the Levsin did and together they make life darn near tolerable (along with a high fiber diet)42

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There have been times when I've been able to control the spasms by stopping what I'm doing, taking some deep relaxing breaths, and consiously thinking of the colon relaxing. Sometimes the spasms return as soon as I resume what I was doing, however by introducing the relaxation, they usually seem to subside within the hour. I also took Robunul for a serious attack and after about 7 days (2 then up to 3 per day), the attack passed. I also have valium for relaxation and the valium seems to give immediate releif, as opposed to the antispasmodic which won't touch it for 4 days at least. TH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i agree with th3225. i take deep breathes, well i have to remind myself to breath and try to relax (i know thats hard). i keep telling myself it will pass. and be very still. seems if i have to move around or walk after i eat, it sets it off. good luck. the pamine i am on is really doing good for me (see my pamine post). i used to take dicyclemine for the spams but was on it for so long i got immuned to it (7 years). i have had this forever it seems like. good luck....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.