Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys to ease up IBS-D?I have stomach gurgling, 4-5 BMs, feel bloated, etc.So, what do you guys do to make yourself feel better? I don't think I can survive school next year, I'm lucky I have lunch early. At this rate, my stomach is going to explode.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For pain -- I take antidepressants (150 of Zoloft) and Bentyl (Antispasmodics).For Diarrhea, I take immodium. (I never go anywhere without it on me)And peppermint tea really soothes me. I really focus on deep breathing. And yoga has helped so much.What year of school are you in? I know from experience that being in school with IBS is the absolute worst. And its hard to feel comfortable talking about it. As an adult, I ahve talked to a psychiatrist and that has really helped me deal with my major anxiety issues around having IBS-D. But I always carry an anti-anxiety medication on me in case I start to panic. I find that added anxiety only exaserbates the problem. (Clonopin is what I take as needed for anxiety.)I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything else I could help with. I know how miserable this is, but I know you'll get through it!Julia

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.