Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on the name/bumper sticker thread...When you're stuck in the bathroom, what do you do to pass the time (considering that's not all you're trying to pass)?My favorite: reading material (whether a book, a periodical, my Dayrunner, or even the back of a bottle of Comet or Windex). I've even gotten words off the back and tried to create palindromes. (That's the linguist in me.) Even singing (in my mind) songs, esp. from musicals.My weirdest: last week, when I had such bad D that I had to cancel my session with my client, I came up with this one.I sat in the bathroom at school and folded a square piece of paper towel into one of those little things you stick your fingers in and open up to different sections (in school, we used to write numbers or colors and then open up to different sections and then eventually open up a triangle all the way to get an "answer", like who we'd marry or what our lucky number is).Okay, pretty boring, huh? Give us something better to do!Regards, Lilymaid

· Registered
416 Posts
LOL! What a good question Lilymaid!
We have two washroom in our house (thank goodness!). If I'm in the upstairs washroom I have an electronic pocket pocker game that I play. If I'm downstairs, it's pocket solitaire.
Fiona

· Registered
1,991 Posts
I got a white wicker basket w/a pretty bow on it and 1/2 of it holds extra toilet paper rolls, the other 1/2 magazines.

· Registered
2,557 Posts
well, I used to just sit there and worry. Now I pop some immodium, put the stereo on and sing a long to some favourite music. The flat across the hall from me has a bathroom which backs on to mine... the guy starts singing along to my singing, it's kind of funny. I can hear him laughing! At least he doesn't seem to mind my taste in music. I wonder if he has IBS too?!! I daydream a lot too and think about what job or home I'd like to have when I graduate, plan visits to friends, make up recipies and think of yummy meals to cook. If I'm going to waste so much time on the toilet, I might as well do it enjoyably!! This is a good thread lilymaid, thanks!susan

G

·
I had a laugh at this one. I to read the back of shampoo bottles etc. whatever is available. I don't keep magazines in the bathroom. My bathroom is pretty small and I have enough stuff in there. Mostly however I rock back and forth and pray to God to take the pain away. Sometimes it is so bad you feel like falling to your knees and promise you'll do anything as long as the pain disappears.

· Registered
305 Posts
When we first moved in to our house, the powder room had this newspaper print wallpaper with all kinds of old fashioned medical articles printed on it. I used to sit there and read about liniments, cough medicines and cures for constipation. It was hideous looking. We've since remodeled, and now I bring a magazine!
dg

G

·
I also like the pocket games, I got tired of reading, so I got solitaire and yahtzee about 3 years ago, they really pass the time for me. I'm getting better with diet so my time in the john is not as long as it used to be.[This message has been edited by Sam9 (edited 10-05-2000).]

G

·
I always keep a book in each bathroom. Mostly short stories and essays. I can usually get through at least one each time. My father owned a newspaper and printing plant so we had reading material all over the house, including the bathrooms. But the one I realize now that was the weirdest for a bathroom was Mom's "Upper Room". In case you don't know, that's a religious book that has daily devotions in it!By the way, we even had a padded commode seat with the newspaper printed on it! (Kind of hard to read, though!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.