Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS-D. I take Metamucil everyday,and Levsin SL and Donnatol EX as needed for cramping and sometimes Tylenol-3. I was just told to take Immodium (1/2 each day) and Amitriptyline to control the D. What do others take?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Check the threads on Calcium!! My Immodium use has been cut in half because of taking Caltrate. Plus, I don't tolerate dairy very well so it's something my body needs anyway!!I also use Dicetel (only available in Canada) for cramping.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes, I'm another calcium devotee. My D and cramps have improved so much because of it! I hope it stays like this forever, because I don't miss having to worry and struggle with IBS attacks on a regular basis!
dg

·
Registered
87 Posts
I take 1 Levbid at night and 2 Imodium in the morning plus 2 Caltrate a day. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks and have noticed an improvement. BUT, my doctor told me yesterday morning to stop the Levbid & Imodium and try Pamine 4x a day. This is because Levbid was giving me blurred vision. I took 3 Pamines so far today and got diarrhea half an hour after each pill! I'm going back to the Levbid/Imodium tomorrow and will stay with them until Lotronex comes back! (I hope) Anna

·
Registered
538 Posts
HI POOPSTER. I love your user name. YOU MUST TRY CALCIUM FOR CRAMPS OR SPASMS. The calcium relaxes the stomach muscles plus it cuts down on the D. When I was younger and had periods I used to take 4-5 calcium tablets at a time because it got rid of the cramps. Today I see that calcium can also help me with IBS-D. ------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts