Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the meeting place too but I am going to post here as well. I need all the help I can get
Okay, I have had these severe chest/sternum "attacks" of pain since 1996 after my gb was removed. After I had a polyp taken off of my duodenum last September, they sortof stopped for a few months but now they are back. They generally happen the day after taking imodium, lomotil or something like that and will go away only after passing gas, having a bowel movement, taking pepto bismol and drinking water. Sometimes I can get by without the pepto but it usually helps. I am so tired of this and was wondering if it may just simply be backed up gas or something. Is there an anti gas med I can take that is pretty strong but will not cause me to get D? I have enough D, I don't need help.Any suggestions would really be appreciated.Thanks,Jleigh

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use simethicone in gas-x, however my new GI said to avoid those gas preparations with maalox in them as they contain a similar or same ingredient found in Milk of Magnesium. I was ignorant of that fact. He suggested I take TUMs instead, and they are a source of calcium as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use simethicone in gas-x, however my new GI said to avoid those gas preparations with maalox in them as they contain a similar or same ingredient found in Milk of Magnesium. I was ignorant of that fact. He suggested I take TUMs instead, and they are a source of calcium as well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I post this everywhere,,if the advice can help one person,,then that is great.I tried a lot for gas,,including not eating..I would be dying sometimes praying to God no one bumps me or comes near me in a social setting till the gas pressure passes...I went to a chiropracter for digetstive problems and I hardly had any gas after i went a few times..I havent been back cause i lost my insurance and i can tell the difference already. I recommed either going for a consultation, or just giving it some thought and maybe doing some research.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I post this everywhere,,if the advice can help one person,,then that is great.I tried a lot for gas,,including not eating..I would be dying sometimes praying to God no one bumps me or comes near me in a social setting till the gas pressure passes...I went to a chiropracter for digetstive problems and I hardly had any gas after i went a few times..I havent been back cause i lost my insurance and i can tell the difference already. I recommed either going for a consultation, or just giving it some thought and maybe doing some research.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.