Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really feel like i'm missing something, if that makes sence. I'm tired all the time and my immune system is no where near what it should be, tho it is better than it was. Obviously i miss some vitamins having severe intollerances, but have not yet found a vitamin i can take without rushing in and out of the loo all the time. I have tried the wheat, lactose etc free ones and even they cause me D. I have also been warned off of iron tablets as they can cause tummy probs. Anyone have any suggestions? I am also quite willing to admit i could be being a bit dim here and the answer is staring me in the face, but i'm too tired to see it!!
Lisa

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I started off on my trip back to health with multis. They certainly didn't help my IBS--the D may have gotten worse from them, and then again, it may have just been continuing in it's deterioration--but they certainly increased my energy levels from near comotose conditions in the afternoons, that was going to result in a serious accident. The success with that encouraged me to try the flavonoids in response to some blockages that turned up on my x-rays. The success of that on my digestion and D encouraged me to add more and more supplements to my morning routine. I have seen an end to an arthritic hip; a lowering of blood pressure, cholesterol and weight to normal levels; and a couple of other serious conditions reversed. This has all happened in my 50s, when we are supposed to see deterioration. I am now adding a new one for my swelling prostate. I fully expect that to return to normal, as well. It all started with finding an effective vitamin/mineral. I can only encourage you to not give up the search.Mark

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I too had this problem. Can't take Iron, can't handle much vitamin B it was awful. I tried one called "Bioglan" Daily Plus. It has no iron in it and I've done okay on it in the past. It is also a low allergy formula so no added cane sugar, salt, yeast, starches, gluten, wheat, corn, other cereals, no dairy, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives. I don't know if it's available in the UK but you could ask. I just got it from my chemist. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts