Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
You probably know aloe has been used for centuries to treat burns and scrapes. It’s probably safe to say, you’ve even used it for at least one of those two (that includes sunburns!). Are you aware that aloe is referred to by many researchers as “Nature’s Miracle” because of the dozens upon dozens of other ailments it can treat? Chances are you didn’t.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've tried it a number of times with negative results. There is a brand (George's?) that distilles the aloe so that the laxative part is removed, it comes in a clear container and looks like water and has no taste. It's said that this is the kind you want to try for IBS.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Hi, Aloe Vera can be used by many people to ease the symtoms of IBS. However, (such as the brand stated H&
many are just Juice which means they contain less than 50% pure aloe - sometimes a lot less. Check out the ingredient list to see where it appears.What you need to try is an aloe vera GEL which has between 85-95% pure aloe. You also need to be given specific advise on how to take it, and how to gradually build up your dosage. It can make you a little "loose" for about a week - it has this effect even on people without IBS - which I can understand is not a nice prospect for those suffering from IBS-D. This is usually as it "cleanses" all of the built up "gunk" in your disgestive trace. Things then begin to settle down and you build up the dosage until the required level is reached, which will vary from person to person, some need the maximum others don't.You should have been told that it can take around 6 weeks before the full benefit of taking aloe gel is felt.If you would like to talk to me personally about this, and where to obtain this, you can message me, or use my name as a site to contact me directly.I believe that if you are taking an "alternative" remedy, especially internally, that you should be given full advice and that the person selling it to you has received some training in the product.Hope that helps those that are thinking of trying this product, or have unsuccessfully tried it before - you may now know why.Mandy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.