Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I dunno, alot of other things to drink can be no-no's for some people. Especially if fructose is a trigger. You may want to check out some specialty shops that carry alot of teas. I think adding some variety to the herbal teas you are drinking might help with the bordom.There there is putting a bit of lemon or lime into the things you already drink to get a bit of a different tast to them..In any case water is the best thing to be drinking.K.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I do a couple of things. One is I keep a jug of water in the fridge with a sliced up lemon in it. The water is flavored like lemon, and you just keep adding water to that same lemon for about 5 days or whenever the lemon starts to look funny. I also drink a lot of diluted Gatorade, one part Gatorade to three parts water. Of course, lemon and the sugar in Gatorade are triggers for some people...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Beach,i had a post on this a while ago.I gave up all soda,and went to decafe ice tea mix,its water,which i never drank before,and not so bland.
Krissy

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can drink 1 cup of caffeinated coffee a day more than that bothers my stomach. Then I switch to decaf coffee, I like strong coffee but I get the feeling from your post you cannot drink stronger drinks? I am lucky, I like water so I just drink a ton of it--my work has those 16 oz bottles and I go through about 5-6 a day! Then I drink herbal tea. I like Tazo brand tea, their iced tea is good too. Chocolate milk. And in the summer I love lemonade. I also love the lemon and lemon-berry slushes at Sonic. ------------------Jocelynjocelyn_t99###yahoo.comThe most absurd and reckless aspirations have sometimes led to extraordinary success. --Vauvenargues

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
In addition to my morning coffee (2), I drink orange juice, cranberry juice, chamomile tea and occasionally ginger ale in addition to water. I do not drink 64 oz. of water a day (I just can't do it), but I manage to force down about 48 ounces.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
693 Posts
In the morning I drink decaf tea. Fortunately there are alot of flavors available now.A few times a week I mix oj w/calcium with cranberry juice.The rest of the day I drink water with lemon.Occaisionly I can drink a glass of 7up (not diet).One glass of white wine with dinner.

G

·
hey--i have sensitivities to milk products, and to too much citrus, so i've had to get creative. a lot of these are carbonated, i don't know if that bothers some people too. although i agree, varying herbal teas can make it more interesting, here are some others:-make a pot of herbal tea, then put it in a bottle, and into the fridge for flavoured ice teas (esp. if you add a bit of honey and lemon).-perrier (not much citrus)-raspberry or cranberry juice (no citrus)-raspberry guava koala drinks (no citrus)-ginger ale-some funkier things like ginger beer and cream soda are ok now and then.

G

·
hello in the morning one Irish breakfast tea to get things going. I am IBS D but like to have a bowel movement at the same time of day which is mornings.I can get away with anything but orange juice,and strong alcohol.in the evenings I drink one cafe latte if I am going home.funny but today I was at lunch with a friend and I wanted to try her bloody Mary and with one tiny sip I could tell that I would have had D if I did not take my Immodium. stuck to my one Heineken and lots of water and was fine.

G

·
I've been drinking so much rice milk over the last 12 months that I actually quite like the taste now. The brand I buy is called 'rice dream' in the uk (rice 'nightmare' initially 'cos I didn't like it at first...). There's a vanilla flavoured one that I really can drink straight from the fridge. I also use it in banana smoothies etc... mmmmmm!You can get calcium enhanced stuff for those people (like me) who have cut out virtually all dairy too.Blimey, didn't mean to sound like an advert for the stuff...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I drink a lot of bottled water (boring, I know!) and also a lot of peppermint tea, honey and lemon tea, and ginger tea. I also drink a lot of Vernors, which is a ginger ale for those of you who have never heard of it. Of course, I drink it flat, as the bubbles would be irritating. That's about it. I sure miss those days of Pepsi!!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
ukgeezer: must agree. Tried chocolate Rice Dream but it smelled a bit like dried dog food. Then I went to the enriched vanilla and like it! I like it very cold, but sometimes when I drink it, it makes me feel sick to my stomach. So I go easy on it.As mentioned in my original UTI/IBS post, I can handle cranberry juice/water 50/50 or 30/70 combo, heated up. Other than that-- water, ginger ale, 7UP, herbal teas (ginger, peppermint, chamomile, etc.), green teas, a little wassail during the holidays (a Germanic spiced apple cider), and lightly fruited (non-citrus) seltzer drinks.Regards, Lilymaid

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I drink Crystal Light (anything BUT the iced tea flavour), cranberry juice, Gatorade, Petia-aid (baby gatorade), orange juice (rarely), tea, rice milk. I HAVE to drink 1-2 litres a day to flush out my kidneys to avoid stones. It is very hard sometimes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.