Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting bored drinking water all the time.Curious, what other store bought drinks can be safe for IBS?I do not tolerate Soy.I have tried the regular fruit juices, which I can handle, but they are way to sugarry.What about Diet Ginger Ale?Basically, what drinks in stores can we drink?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Really depends on what sets you off.You might try white grape juice (is sweet but you can dilute it, with a sparkling water if you tolerate some carbonation).Watch the diet things as some diet sweeteners bother some people, but the high fructose corn syrup isn't any better.There are some flavored waters that may be worth trying, some don't have sugar added and I think some don't have other sweeteners either.Mint tea is usually good and you might find some of the bottled teas you can have (just check what they sweeten it with).If you like lemon or lime you can put a slice or two in the water, or a few slices of cucumber.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I drink a lot of Gatorade, tea, and ginger ale is the only soda I can tolerate. If I drink any other soda I get really sick but the ginger ale works for me for that soda fizzy drink and ginger is really good for different stomach problems. You said you can't do soy but have you tried rice milk? I don't know what it tastes like because I have not tried it but I use rice cheese and I like the rice ice cream. I can't do regular dairy products so I have "fake" dairy products. Can you not do soy because it makes you sick or you don't like it? If you don't like it have you tried Silk? I really like there milk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.