Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is there a list of disorders that have the same symptoms as IBS? I'm trying to rule out any other possible disorder/diseases that could cause similar symptoms that maybe my GI is unfamiliar with? So far I know its not Crohn's or Collitis from having a colonoscopy. My GI says my Gallbladder is fine although I'm not sure how he knows seeing I have never been tested specifically for this. I tried taking Colostrum with negative results. I have tried taking antibiotics and then probiotics for SIBO with negative results. Have tried anti-fungals and anti-infammitories with negative results. I've tested negative for gluten allegies twice and also tried a gluten free diet with negative results. Have tried accupunture and hypnosis for IBS with negative results. I still have D every day usually first thing in the morning where I empty my guts out entirely and then cramps, spasms, gas throughout the day which worsen at night.Could there be something Im missing that could be causing this?I'm thinking about trying to see a general practition doctor since my GI has pretty much given up on me and exhausted all options. It doesn't help that I no longer have health insurance but every test imaginable has already been done so I can't see why they would need to order any more tests unless they have a hunch as to a cause.Or should i just give up and except the fact that its "just IBS" and not waste any more of my money?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I belong to the Ken Keysey/Hank Stamper school of "never give a inch" applied life philosophy. Every effect MUST have a cause. Have you ever gotten in touch with Now Leap? Mike NoLomotil, who used to be an active member years and years ago is aprincipal with the company. It's going to cost you (more) money; but by the time the get finished testing you, you should no, absolutely, if there are any food sensitivities that are causing this.http://www.nowleap.com/Mark

·
Registered
224 Posts
I belong to the Ken Keysey/Hank Stamper school of "never give a inch" applied life philosophy. Every effect MUST have a cause. Have you ever gotten in touch with Now Leap? Mike NoLomotil, who used to be an active member years and years ago is aprincipal with the company. It's going to cost you (more) money; but by the time the get finished testing you, you should no, absolutely, if there are any food sensitivities that are causing this.http://www.nowleap.com/Mark
I agree with you Mark, I'm a fighter and would like to keep fighting but it gets to a point that every thing has been exhausted including money. All I know is that I didn't have this condition until three years ago so something must have and must be causing this? I just don't understand why everyone I encounter is so damn clueless?I will try and contact him. Although, I have recently been to a naturapathic dr. who did the whole genova diagnostics tests on me (cost about $800.00 in total) and told me that there was nothing alarming or out of the ordinary. Also, I never feel like any particular food is causing my symtpoms. It's not like I eat a certain food and then have to rush to the bathroom.The only thing that was alarming in my test results (which i expected) was that it said there was elevated amounts of meat and/or vegetable fiber in my stool. These are supposed to be absent in normal digestion and suggest maldigestion due to hydrochloric acid/pepsin insufficiency, pancreatic enzyme insufficiency, or inadequate mastication of food. This came up even though I take a digestive "super" enzyme with most meals and take beatyne HCL with heavier meals.Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Keep looking. There has to be a reason. Normal bodies don't act that way. There is a reason. You will find it. I did. I tried a bile acid binding agent Colestipol. Worked immediately. 90% better. Freedom is good. You will find it. Keep looking . Good luck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks Julie b. My thoughts exactly.Went to my old General Practition Dr. today. He immediately saw that my IGA serum levels were deficient and said something must be causing that to happen. He ordered a new Barium X-Ray for my small intestines which im pretty positive I already have had, not thrilled since I don't have insurance. He thinks it may be the Ileum (Ileitis) but I know I have had this X-Ray and when I had a colonoscopy they went all the way into the Ileum and didn't find anything. Also, I'm pretty sure the capsule endoscopy goes into this area as well?Oh well, more tests and $.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thank you. I was taking up to several "high quality" probiotics at a time and it did nothing for me. I still take a superdofilous each day. All the food sensitivity tests came back negative and a 30 day gluten free diet did nothing at all for me. I'm not sure whats worse, having these symptoms or not eating any gluten at all. I think I lost 10lbs in those 30 days.There must be some reason or cause as to why my IGA levels are so low. I know they have to do with your immune system and protecting the mucosal glands but its not like I get sick often or have re-acuring infections that don't go away?Hopefully this dr. will figure it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.