Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us take fiber, I was wondering what everyone's prefered choice is? Im trying to find a good one and are open to suggestions. Any bad ones out there? Right now I am taking a powder that is a store brand of medimucial (sp). Thanks for the suggestions and comments.<3 Amanda p.s. sorry for spelling errors

G

·
I take a tablespoon or sometimes a little more of Perdiem at night. I had trouble with metamucil, but really like the Perdiem. For added fiber, I have at least one slice of Ezekiel bread in the a.m. and oatmeal. It seems to settle my tummy.

G

·
I take a tablespoon or sometimes a little more of Perdiem at night. I had trouble with metamucil, but really like the Perdiem. For added fiber, I have at least one slice of Ezekiel bread in the a.m. and oatmeal. It seems to settle my tummy.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
The best fiber I found was Ezekiel 4:9 Bread. That worked very well for me. If you're looking more for a supplement, then Fibercon.Ty

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
The best fiber I found was Ezekiel 4:9 Bread. That worked very well for me. If you're looking more for a supplement, then Fibercon.Ty

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Another vote for finely ground flax meal (otherwise flax seeds and roughly milled flax meal seem to be too harsh on the digestive system). What could be more natural than that? You look on the ingredients of the ones from the pharmaceutical companies and you see additives usually of some sort. (It is recommended to keep flax meal in the refrigerator to preserve it). Just mix it in with any soft food and follow it with H20. It has sort of a nutty taste. Not objectionable to me at all. I also sometimes add to it the flax oil that is extracted from it. That seems to work very well. Sometimes I put the whole mess right on top of a small piece of Sara Lee New York Style Cheescake, when I feel naughty. Really, not a bad topping, especially when you add in some pecans. I also put in some Dannon Yogurt with some sunflower seeds, in some oat bran in the morning with walnuts, or in some applesause with walnuts. Might as well try and enjoy it, since it has become part of a necessary lifestyle change now. Feels less like a med I have to take and more like a food that I know is good for me.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Another vote for finely ground flax meal (otherwise flax seeds and roughly milled flax meal seem to be too harsh on the digestive system). What could be more natural than that? You look on the ingredients of the ones from the pharmaceutical companies and you see additives usually of some sort. (It is recommended to keep flax meal in the refrigerator to preserve it). Just mix it in with any soft food and follow it with H20. It has sort of a nutty taste. Not objectionable to me at all. I also sometimes add to it the flax oil that is extracted from it. That seems to work very well. Sometimes I put the whole mess right on top of a small piece of Sara Lee New York Style Cheescake, when I feel naughty. Really, not a bad topping, especially when you add in some pecans. I also put in some Dannon Yogurt with some sunflower seeds, in some oat bran in the morning with walnuts, or in some applesause with walnuts. Might as well try and enjoy it, since it has become part of a necessary lifestyle change now. Feels less like a med I have to take and more like a food that I know is good for me.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Two good fiber cereals are uncle sams and kashi, just fyi------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Two good fiber cereals are uncle sams and kashi, just fyi------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Hate psyllium as it makes me windy with D. and bloated stomach. Love to eat fibrous veggies such as organic steamed & then well mashed carrotts (sometimes with a little cooked ginger) or cauliflower. These cause little wind, etc when eaten this way.Talking of flax oil I've got some omega 3/6/9 oil (flax, sunflower, borage, pumpkin) which tastes lovely when mixed in with the veggies.You can't cook with it, just pour it over.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts