Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to stick to a low fiber diet on recommendation from the dietician. So I find it's better for my IBS-D if I avoid high fiber foods. But I'm putting on too much weight and am wondering what I can eat that won't give me diarrhoea but that's also good for giving me that 'full-up' feeling for longer during the day.Any advice please?PS I think the weight problem may be due to taking amitryptaline?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Some medications do seem to up appetite and and/or slow you down a tad so you tend to end up eating more than you burn off.For some IBS-D types a lower refined carb approach (so not just low fiber, but eliminate the starchy foods) can help control the diarrhea and can be used to lose weight (as long as you can stick to them and you may need to count calories to make sure you don't overeat as too much of anything will make you gain weight).Now those tend to include many veggies (even Atkins) and you probably want to have more cooked veggies rather than do a lot of salads.FWIW, protein and fats tend to give the full up feeling more than carbs do, even the whole grain starches.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.