Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot here about avoiding foods, special diets etc. What exactly are the foods to avoid? I am playing a horrible learning game here. Onions, baked beans and coleslaw upset me, as does gassy drinks. But what else?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have to avoid anything spicy, rich, milk products, corn, baked beans, raw vegetables, and too much lettuce. It's kind of an elimination game. Not everything bothers everyone the same way. Whatever seems to work best for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I avoid iceberg lettuce, wheat and whole wheat bread, corn starch, gravies, seedy fruits and vegetables and dark chocolat. I eat small meals, rye wafers (ryvita or wasa) bean sprouts, romaine lettuce, belgian endives, bananas, plain active cultures yogurt and add organic honey, and white wine as these foods help me to eliminate better. I eat apples and pears without the skin. Hope this helps to answer some of your questions. belle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like to avoid hotdogs and peanutbutter. Prettymuch any greasy food as this leads to loosebowels and messy shorts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like to hotdogs and peanutbutter. Prettymuch any greasy food as this leads to loosebowels and messy shorts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts