Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I posted about a week ago..I was scared I had ovarian cancer...I've finally learned to accept the fact I do not as I"ve been checked out by my Dr and it's simply IBS..I also did not want to give in to my health anxiety..I'm quite pleased that I managed not to go to the Doctor yet again and accept this for what it is.AnywayI'm stil struggling with the IBS symptoms..my most annoying thing is the dyspepsia symptoms (feeling really sick after I eat. gurling stomach, acid in my stomach, anything I eat or drink sometimes comes up in my throat)..it feels like the nerves in my stomach are tight and therefore not letting the food and liquids go in..if that makes sense???I'm trying peppermint capsules and I've tried ginger (which didn't help)..can anyone offer me any insight into what you have tried if you've had this issue with IBS..I"m pretty much wanting to try anything. I've also tried ant-acids such as Tums..but they were no help.I'm also trying to control anxiety and so far so good.Thank you!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Kitchy Have you asked your Dr about an antispasmodic? So Tums does not help the acid indigestion at all?? Hmm.. you might need something stronger than that... like Zantac or another one of the acid reducers. Controlling anxiety is good... but treating it is better.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I have been using a grape seed and skin based flavonoid supplement called Provex CV for cholesterol control since 1998. At that time I had chronic, all-day-long indigestion with some reflux starting to develop. (My experience with all of these symptoms is that things would always go from bad to worse. I fully expect the reflux also would have become chronic.) I never went anywhere without antacids; but, obviously, they did nothing to help. I also was into my 10th year of equally chronic D. It turns out, in more recent research, that the supplement has pretty profound anti-inflammatory properties. Within 6 weeks of taking it the burning in my stomach stopped. After about a year, the D had completely stopped. I have, for the past 11 years, eaten and drunk whatever I choose with little bowel effects and no indigestion. I have not refluxed since July of 1998. Finally, my odds of having a heart attack have dropped from 50% to 2%. Good luck to you with this.Mark

·
Registered
373 Posts
You might find that if you treat the excess acid your symptoms will resolve. Over the counter ant-acids are a possibility or prescription drugs like ranitidine or lansoprazole.Anxiety will definately be contributing to your symptoms. My symptoms and anxiety were terrible back in november. I was so bad my weight dropped to 56kg!I was started on mirtazapine (anxiety medication)....5 months later i weigh 73kgs....my symptoms are virtually non existant.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I went and got some Zantac from the pharmacy tonight..will give that a try and see how I go.I actually went out with my husband this afternoon for a walk as it was great weather, I got an iced chai latte tea and I started to feel a little better...maybe it's because I was not stressed and enjoying being with my husbandThanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.