Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post my current regimen, as it seems to be bringing me enough relief to become quasi-functional. First thing in the morning, I take one dose of miralax. Then late afternoon, I take 2-100 mg docusate sodium (aka Colace).Hasn't solved the messiness problem and need for latex glove + baby wipes, but at least I go!!!MD wants to do a gall bladder scan. Nothing showed up on the ultrasound, but she thinks my symptoms are suspicious of gall bladder problems.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Pleased to hear you have found something that is helping.Its good that your Doctor is taking an interest in your symptoms and referringyou for a gallbladder scan.Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Diana. I'll update when I know more. Yes, it is a huge relief to have a doc take interest! That in itself is healing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Miralax gave me lots of gas and I didn't feel like it helped soften my stool. I take stool softeners but its just not soft enough. The doc says I shouldn't take fiber because he doesn't want my stool "bulked up" but it seems to help me in the past.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts