Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. i think i understand it better. i get fogged whenever my colon has waste matter in it. in a way that is almost equivalent to the "pain" phenomena. (because that is also when i usually have my pain)i am slowly starting to understand what is happening to me. i think it has to do with yeast. i think i am allergic or sensitive to yeast. that is why i can't eat any sugar. anything that makes my symptoms flair up such as sugar, yeast, fermented foods must be avoided.has anyone else experienced this phenomena?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Hello again s.s.. Well, I am sensitive to a lot of different molds, and therefore have to avoid fermented/aged foods too. I also cut down on my sugar intake. My allergist said that bakers yeast is different than fungal yeast, and that cutting out that may not help. Cutting down on a lot of carbs does seem to help. I know they slow my system down, and that contributes to more bloating and gas.Also, it is not uncommon for the colon to become sensitive after long-term antibiotic use, as in my case. I was found to be sensitive to benzoic and citric acid as well as dairy whey. They cause bloating and abdominal discomfort in me. I can get cramping and frequent soft-stooling the next day.Food and chemical sensitivities can follow infections of the bowel and cause more bowel irritability. It would not surprise me that fibro-fog may also be connected with those sensitivities. I would think it is much like people who find certain foods/chemicals trigger their migraine headaches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.