Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What it is use for?Any users against C?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,i took a glasse of it this morning and still wait for the D.I'm even more C and Quite gassy at the moment.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
It is a sugar which is chemically related to milk sugar, lactose. The difference is that it is not absorbed at all.Therefore, it creates an osmotic gradient in the bowel lumen forcing water to enter the lumen which, in turn, induces a bowel movement.
quote:I believe it contains milk proteins
It has nothing to do with milk protein.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I beleive that yes when it reach the lower bowel.In the first hours,it seems to "help" by creating gas induced BM.But i took chocolate in the afternoon.So normally i don't get this bad feeling with chocolate alone,so yes,the Lactulose seems to cause pain and gas.Especially when it get trapped down there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been on this... as flux said it's an osmotic laxative so it is safe for long term use. I personally found although it helped ( a lot at first, and then not a lot later), I also suffered increased cramps, and terrible wind, and so I came off it.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.