Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't know what to eat anymore ,if i eat anything solid it makes me constipated I've been like this all my life but I became desperate when I understood what hemorrhoids are. Even the leaves I put in salads are making me constipated.. spinach,beans,carrots,potatoes, rice, meat, milk,eggs and anything made out of grains I can't eat.. I tried one day to eat only kiwis(they help me the most) prunes and tomatoes and after 2 days(i usually go once in 3-4 days) I had one of those very rare occasions when my stool was normal. And I can't eat only the soft kind of veggies and fruits all day everyday it's like torture I lost a lot of weight and now I can't give up on stimulatory laxatives because I feel dizzy and weak of only eating high water content foods... so i keep cheating adding meat, yogurts,potatoes,carrots in order to feel fuller after a meal.

My doctor doesn't know what to do with me anymore, I tried osmotic laxatives and nothing happened he put me on lots of expensive treatments and I had no results. So what can i eat everyday for softer and thinner stools? All those diets I find on internet for constipation relief do nothing.I even drink 3 liters of water per day. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here am I not combining the foods right or what?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just don't know what to eat anymore ,if i eat anything solid it makes me constipated I've been like this all my life but I became desperate when I understood what hemorrhoids are. Even the leaves I put in salads are making me constipated.. spinach,beans,carrots,potatoes, rice, meat, milk,eggs and anything made out of grains I can't eat.. I tried one day to eat only kiwis(they help me the most) prunes and tomatoes and after 2 days(i usually go once in 3-4 days) I had one of those very rare occasions when my stool was normal. And I can't eat only the soft kind of veggies and fruits all day everyday it's like torture I lost a lot of weight and now I can't give up on stimulatory laxatives because I feel dizzy and weak of only eating high water content foods... so i keep cheating adding meat, yogurts,potatoes,carrots in order to feel fuller after a meal.

My doctor doesn't know what to do with me anymore, I tried osmotic laxatives and nothing happened he put me on lots of expensive treatments and I had no results. So what can i eat everyday for softer and thinner stools? All those diets I find on internet for constipation relief do nothing.I even drink 3 liters of water per day. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here am I not combining the foods right or what?
Just the rice, beans, and dairy would cause my SIBO-C symptoms to flare up. Have you been tested for SIBO? Even if I'm practicing my low FODMAP/gluten free/dairy free diet perfectly, non-compliance as minimal as having one serving of rice causes a flare up. I would try to avoid foods like rice, beans, and dairy entirely and see if it helps. I replaced rice with quinoa or quinoa-based products (gluten free pasta is quinoa-based), use almond milk based dairy products, and get the bulk of my protein from meat. You said salad causes flare ups; I can eat salad but I have to limit the portion (it can be a side but not the main course). There are also certain vegetables that are better than others. I do better with bok choy than spinach, for example.

One thing I've learned to appreciate on this restrictive diet is that I can have large portions of allowable foods that I enjoy because I have a difficult time keeping on weight on this diet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had constipation my whole life.... White bread, dairy (basically low fiber foods) is a trigger for me.....Duh...
Here are some things that have helped me:
I'll freeze ripe bananas and spinach, after frozen blend with Almond milk..... (blending seems to make it easier to digest and pass through faster)
Drink plenty of water, I try to get in 3/4 of a gallon a day... Also I add a very small amount of pink Himalayan salt maybe 1/2 of teaspoon to the 3/4 gallon of water... Only reason I use the Himalayan salt is that it has good minerals...
The reason for adding the salt to the water is your body will absorb the water better with a little salt.... The improved hydration has help me...
One more thing that's helped in drinking Magnesium Powder I use (Natural Calm) I basically draws more water into your colon...

Good luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts