Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot of the info on LG is spread throughout these boards, but I was hoping to make one thread where everyone here with it can simply list of all the symptoms they have and everything they experience with LG in order to have something to, for example, show doctors or people who don't believe you. Try to keep the comments low on this thread. I would like primarily a place where you just list all the symptoms you have with your LG.My symptoms:A leak of water or fluid from my rectum, causing uncomfortable wetness and wet spots on my underwear. It gets worse when I am very sweaty, though I don't know if it is sweat or not.A persistent, foul smell that I am told about frequently (though I cannot smell it)A slight tingling, burning, painful, strange feeling in my rectum. (sometimes one or all of these)IBS with diahrrea, constipation, or bothA twitching or spasmic feeling in my rectum often preceding or following the "fluid leak".

·
Registered
373 Posts
1. No pain2. IBS-D/C alternating (more on the D side)3. Burning, feeling of fullness in rectum4. LG that I can smell, can't pinpoint to any particular time of day or specific reaction to food (its random)5. LG more often when the "sensation" is there, less when its not.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1. No pain2. Feel like my sphrincters are relaxed all the time and when I test to put my finger in there it goes like knife into butter.3. Sweaty and sometimes when I whipe with toiletpaper there's ****.4. I can smell my gas, happens almost every minute. Diahrrea if I don't take Imodium. When I do number 2 the #### smells constantly after the session.5. When I spread legs and the ass cheeks, the leaking is stronger.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry, pushed wrong key.1. No pain.2. Alternating C/D, but mostly C.3. LG that I can smell at times, but often cannot. Think it's pretty much constant.4. Bloating at times.5. Strange or full feeling in rectum most of the time.

·
Registered
585 Posts
SpookIt seems from the responses on this post and many previous posts on lg that 1. Pain is non existant in lgers.2. Some kind of sensation in the rectum when lg is happening is also the most common symptom. 3. Some can smell it themselves but most cannot.4. Strange but true that families do not smell it or just don't want to tell us to avoid hurting us, who knows.5. It's always others (non-family) who smell the lg.I think that if we or some of us talked to Dr. Pimental about this syndrome he may understand or at least try to understand it and can give helpful solutions/meds/diet. Anyone knows how to contact Dr P.?Hanna

·
Registered
373 Posts
From an article on hemmroids:Hemorrhoids which are ulcerated, and swollen with edema, or strangulated hemorrhoids, “acute attack of piles” can cause severe pain. Less commonly, internal hemorrhoids cause mucus discharge and a sensation of incomplete evacuation, and external hemorrhoids cause difficulty in cleansing the anal region

·
Registered
39 Posts
My symptoms are;No pain,(except for last night, that was weird)IBS C, only have trouble with diaria when I take too much medicine to take care of the constipation.Hemroid, internal.Can't smell it but everyone else can. Family denies it but I know better.GO to the bathroon at least four times a day.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have both LG and regular, excessive, can feel it gas. My symptoms are:1) Fluid leak from my anus that is exacerbated whenever I sweat or feel hot.2) People constantly clearing their throats, outright coughing around me. Usually I cannot smell it in this instance but... 3) ...I can when I have very foul smelling gas right after I eat and after drinking any milk. 4) A lot of gas that is released upon awakening (presumably from the buildup of gas in my rectum as I was sleeping).5) Alternating constipation/diarhhea, usually the former.6) Small, pellet-like stools with a feeling of incomplete evacuation.7) Pain from the constant abdominal distension.8) The same warm, burning sensation around my anus (particularly after I use the bathroom) that spook mentioned.9) Don know if the last two are related, but around the time that my LG problem started, I also noticed that I could not hold much volume of fluid in my bladder before needing to go to the bathroom. To this day, if I drink a glass of water (about 12 oz), I will need to go to the bathroom within the hour.10) Lately I have also begun noticing a very strong odor in my urine--no matter how much water I drink it is a dark yellow color with a strong smell. Are bacterial translocating into my bladder and causing problems there?11) A lot of belching/burping after I eat.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Leaky Gas.Its what we sufferers call it on this board.Its the smell of fecal matter or gas that seems to leak out at the wrong times. Some of us can smell it when it happens, others can't, but can tell when it has happened by the reactions of people around them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's weird, I also feel like I have to pee all the time. It's like not only am I having problems with this but feel like I'm always excusing myself to go pee! I go probably about 10 times a day and about 3 times in the middle of the night. I just thought I had a very sensitive bladder but maybe it's somehow linked to this?? Sensitive gut, sensitive bladder??

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is my 100th post so i just wanted to say my symptoms are very similiar. Some people say i smell and others dont say anything. I dont know if they are kidding around with me or not but i do have IBS and my rear is always moist(to put it in good terms). I also feel gas seep out now and then that seems to be uncontrollable. I go to the restroom at least 4 or more times a day. When I drink lots of fluids my stomach makes loud gurgoling noises and rumbles constantly. When i use the restroom i always feel like i will have to go back even when im done. I find that standing and talking to people can be frustrating because my system will start to act up or i will have large amounts of gas building up in my system that seem to come from no-where. Its not that i am tense or anxious about talking to them, it just happens. I notice in my stools that its soft and has a yellow or green color, i think its excess bile. I like a lot of you all have tried different approaches to solve the matter at hand but nothing seems work for the long run.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Apparently, I am not the only one who has wetness in the rectum. I think there is a connection here. Whatever bacteria are causing the excess gas are probably also causing the leakage of fluid from the rectum.Usually, to keep my underwear from becoming wet an soiled from the leaking water, I use a piece of toilet paper folded up into quarters--this traps the moisture and keeps it from reaching my underwear/pants, where it can really become odorous.I think those of us who experience water leakage along with leaky gas are probably facing the same strain of bacteria.So how many of you experience fluid leakage and also round, hard, pellet-like stools?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, everyone!Please post a summary about the reason that initiate your LG and rectum disorder. Based on the information you provide, I may find out the way to treat this. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------My history:2 years ago, I used to drink much of cranberry juice , => gas. 1/2 year ago, I tried to go to the bathroom to control the gas => strain => LG---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
9 Posts
i dont post often... but ya i have every symptom basically mentioned on here. the most annoying has def. got to be the wetness. drives me frickin nuts. social life is getting completely ruined and i'm finding it very difficult to keep on goin with it. this disorder has caused me to have anxiety and feel depressed, and i dont care what anyone says, i was not like that when i felt "normal". it's so weird to say that becuase i dont even remember what normal is anymore. last time i felt normal was when i was 17, now i'm almost 22 and my life has been a downward slump since. cant hold onto relationships, rather start them because of this. no one understands. i must have been a horrible person in my past life because no one deserves to be this way. basically shunned from society. dont know how i'm ever going to progress in life and be successful if i dont even feel comfortable being around anyone. b4 this disorder i was completely different. always had a cute girlfriend, was a party person, totally outgoing and loved to be social. now everything is the opposite. just venting i guess. **** lg, it straight up ruins lives.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.