Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been going great- no problems as long as I take my miralax, MOM , zelnorm and reglan- in fact felt cured- then 3 days ago things started getting worse- the incomplete evac. started again- today I feel horrible- only went half the amount I have been going. can't up the mOm as I take the max now. dont tell me Ive become immune to the drugs .! it was just last Oct that I had mega problems. Ill take some colon cleanse with stimulant tonight but know I cant keep that up- why does this happen ive been doing so good-the only thing I can think of is I had bread the other day that wasn't 100% whole ewheat- ever since then Ive been messed up- would that take 3 days to get out????I would think that could mess me up a day but 3 days later? my poop is watery as it is and even that isn';t coming out completely-UH so frustrating!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
HI Lorilou, try not to despair; one thing I have learned is that our bodies aren't machines and they do change and shift in response to different forces. Sometimes who knows what causes changes but to some extent we have to flow with them while our bodies regroup.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS can fluxuate from time to time and it is often very difficult to track down any particular reason. I think we like to blame food because it seems connected even when a lot of time it has nothing to do with it.Very few people find something that controls their IBS 100% 100% of the time 24/7/365 every year for the rest of their life.You have to expect an occasional blip. Mine is almost totally controlled from the Cog. Behav.Therapy I did. I've been able to go off all regular medication but once or twice a year I'll get the pain and all that back for a ahort period of time.What helps me it to think of it as a momentary blip in the control and not fall into the trap that nothing will work ever again and I am totally screwed.Whenever someone has a blip I tend to recommend keep on doing what has been working and if needed add a bit more of something if that makes sense to help you get through the blip. So someone with constipation may every once in a while still need a stimulatory laxative even if 99% of the time they control it with diet and osmotics.Try not to get too discouraged.K.

·
Community Manager
13,220 Posts
Hi Lorilouso sorry you are feeling so bad. yes, it is so frustrating and disappointing and also depressing when this happens, isn't it. it happens to me too and just drives me crazy! it's like our bodies build up a tolerance to meds/supplements and also like Kathleen and Adelaide said, our bodies shift and blip. and yes, I've tried to pin point a food cause too but I just can't find one so I don't think it's that. but it really is miserable, isn't it. no matter what I do or meds I take, at least once or twice a week or sometimes even more, I can barely poop and little or nothing comes out--even with lots of mom and watery d--so frustrating and nauseating and painful when even the watery d backs up.how long have you been taking zelnorm? maybe it's the zelnorm that quit working on you. from what others have said on the board--including me--it can do that.with me it did it right away so now I only take it every two or three days with periodic holidays. others have said it quit working after longer periods of time--even after a few years. so you might want to take a week or two off from it and then start it up again. that's what the gi docs recommend. once I had to go off it for a whole month. it's really rough doing that but at least it makes it start working again.good luck to you! hope things get better. will continue to keep you and everyone else on the boards in my prayers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.