Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing about people success on this site with different kinds of nonprescription drugs/supplements, as well as the best fibers to take. I am over my long list of different revolving noneffective prescription meds that i have been trying for 10 years. Plus in the last year my ibs-c and ibs-d has gotten worse with even more severe cramps/pain. What has worked for you all? I could use some direction with so many different things out there. What has been the most effective for you all?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks for your response. I was wondering if these were meds that are availble in the states as well.

·
Community Manager
13,177 Posts
scarlett--that's great that you finally found something--a combination of things--that work. sounds like you have a good doctor--that certainly makes all the difference.i'm glad you mentioned sodium picosulfate. i read the following article about it just last week in reuters news. the article said it's a safe and effective laxative: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62A4DK20100311it's the active ingredient in ducolax perles. couldn't find it locally--i'm in the usa--so i looked it up online and it looks like it's available in the uk. i'll have to check some of the places listed online to see if they ship to the states. it really sounds like it's worth trying. glad to hear it works for you!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Calcium has worked marvellously for my ibs-d, also small amounts of Immodium when I think I will have a stressful day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts