Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so frustrated and upset right now.I have had stomach problems for as long as I remember and especially around 11-13 but then they subsided and weren't debilitating so I just ignored it.Now, in September I started having a few problems. It started when I passed mucus on its own twice. I figured this wasn't too weird considering my past stomach problems. Then one night I went out for a meal and that morning I was awoken by stomach pain and an urge to go to the toilet so I did and had D but then it went away. I ignored this too. But then exactly a week later I started having profuse watery diarrhea on the night time. The weird thing is, it was painless. It was so watery at first I thought it was just gas. But I was having to go very often, I probably went about 20-25 times that night. But then the next day I started getting stomach cramps, I was having soft bm's about 5-10 times a day and this continued for 6 days. Then exactly a week later I got the watery diarrhea again, this time is was a bit less severe and I went maybe 15-18 times and this pattern continued for 5 weeks.Unfortunately because of various issues I couldn't get to a doctor in this time and since it was getting better I thought I could just leave it. Plus it just seemed like a classic infection. But after I carried on having soft stools and urgency and pain. Sounds like typical ibs-pi so I finally get to a doctor in January and she runs a few tests and they come back negative. Then I had to go back and see another doctor a month later who prescribed me some anti-spasmodics. These seemed to be working. I had a few off days but nothing too bad and it was better than before. Until today.I had stomach pain this morning and 2 soft bm's but then tonight I have started getting the watery D again and again, no pain!! If it means anything to anyone, it smells strongly of sulphur. I'm just so upset, I thought I was on the road to getting better but it looks like I'm back at square 1. The doctor is quite stumped and I'm just at my wits end. Has anyone had anything similar? Any idea what it is???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.