Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often hesitate talking about how constipated I really am on this board because I am scared someone is going to think I am weird or tell me to RUSH to the er. Recently, I have been having worse C than usual. For abou the last three months...I NEVER GO> About once a week I will have a few pebble-like poops, but that is it. I used to get D every once in a while to help 'clear me out'. But this time, there is no relief. I have been taking six fiberchoice a day, lots of water, and increased fiber within my diet. NOTHING STILL. The thing is... I have no pain, no cramps, I can still eat anything I want, and I really dont have any anxiety with it. I have never taken a real laxative, actually, I did once, but the cramping was so bad, I thought I was dyeing. Suppositories do not work at all for me, and I dont like the idea of an enema. It is almost like my body just doesnt need to go although I know this is messed up thinking.Someone help.LALA

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hi Lala, I only have minor constipation which is a result of taking the caltrate as I am usually a D type. I was wondering if you'd ever had an internal exam (can't remember what it's called) to check for obstructions etc? Or perhaps you have very slow motility? I believe there's a product called Motilum for this, but I guess you have already tried that and I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs (what an odd expression that is!).I hope some C people will see this and respond with more useful advice!Take care,Susan

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Hi Lala,You are lucky you are experiencing no pain or cramping seeing how you havn't gone in so long. Have you read my topics about the herbal enzyme I have been taking called Experience. It is not a laxative, but more of a digestive enzyme that helps move things along. I really think this product might be beneficial to you. My doctor looked at the ingredients and told me it is safe enough to take every day. I have been taking it for about 2 months and it really works. It simply can't be healthy to have all that stool remaining in your digestive system and colon. It sounds like you need something to get things moving, and this might do the trick without using addictive laxatives. Let me know if want more information.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Lala - my brother's ex-fiancee didn't "go" for quite a while and turned out she had an obstruction. I don't know the particulars as she was his ex by that time. Worth checking into just to make sure.

·
Registered
927 Posts
You're not eating wheat, refined flour etc anything with gluten in it are you?Even though you might not be getting any pain this might be aggravating things big time.Also the type of fibre you are getting may play a big part. Some do good on soluble fibe (me) and some do good on non-soluble fibre.Search out and find the difference.For some other people meat has the effect that wheat does on them to a severe level. If you really want to help yourself read the fit for life diet by harvey and marie Diamond.Do look into these. They ought to helpScottySwotty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.