Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mum said to me last week:"dont worry about your holiday YET......." (the one THEY booked for me without asking if I could manmage it !!!!)".......youll be better by then....." (yeah OK Mum, ive had this D EVERY day for a year, but it will magically disappear by July !!!!)".........and dont panic..." (about the 2 1/2 hour transfer on a coach with NO toilets!!!)"........panicking will just make you worse"and FINALLY...."If you dont think about it you will be fine !"(OH MUM!!!!! WHY dont you understand??? i dont only Poo when i 'think' about it! I get 30 seconds to find a loo! what will I do on a full coach with no facilities??! Sit and Poo myself I guess!.WHY wont people listen and understand how I feel!!???

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Vikki, it may help to get your mom this.All to often, we forget that IBS not only affects the sufferer, it can have a detrimental effect onthe lives of those around the sufferer. Holidays and days out might often be cancelled orrestricted. It is not easy having IBS, it is not easy supporting an IBS sufferer either. This shortrecording is easy to understand explaining the symptoms, common fears, and the explorative teststhat IBS sufferers have to go through to be diagnosed as having IBS. For those around thesufferer, it will provide insight into this most troublesome condition. For the IBS sufferer it canbe a good source of explaining IBS when you have tried or you are tired of explaining it toothers. With gentle soothing background music this recording adds to seeing both sides of theIBS equation. Recorded by Michael Mahoney, known by many sufferers for his gentle, patientapproach and for his support in helping IBS sufferers and partners too. http://www.ibsaudioprogram.com/newibstitles.htm

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Vikki, it may help to get your mom this.All to often, we forget that IBS not only affects the sufferer, it can have a detrimental effect onthe lives of those around the sufferer. Holidays and days out might often be cancelled orrestricted. It is not easy having IBS, it is not easy supporting an IBS sufferer either. This shortrecording is easy to understand explaining the symptoms, common fears, and the explorative teststhat IBS sufferers have to go through to be diagnosed as having IBS. For those around thesufferer, it will provide insight into this most troublesome condition. For the IBS sufferer it canbe a good source of explaining IBS when you have tried or you are tired of explaining it toothers. With gentle soothing background music this recording adds to seeing both sides of theIBS equation. Recorded by Michael Mahoney, known by many sufferers for his gentle, patientapproach and for his support in helping IBS sufferers and partners too. http://www.ibsaudioprogram.com/newibstitles.htm

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
vicki-are we related? i only ask because i swear your mom sounds exactly like mine!!
i don't know why people are so insensitive. my mom asked me today would i be up for some plans they had made for tonight. i said "i'll just have to see how i feel." and she said "oh, you're still feeling that bad?" i have not decided if they don't care, or if it truly is beyond their mental capabilities to be that compassionate for another person. there was a really long thread just a few days ago in here called "famous non-IBS liners" i bet you would enjoy reading it. it's really long, and not only will you get a good laugh, you'll feel the love! :love: i sure wish i had some pearls of wisdom to share with you, sadly i don't.
although, i have decided to basically stop talking to my mom about my health problems, and just hope that she leaves me alone. i dunno if that is a dumb idea, but i have to try something! best wishes to you!~mrs. mason

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
vicki-are we related? i only ask because i swear your mom sounds exactly like mine!!
i don't know why people are so insensitive. my mom asked me today would i be up for some plans they had made for tonight. i said "i'll just have to see how i feel." and she said "oh, you're still feeling that bad?" i have not decided if they don't care, or if it truly is beyond their mental capabilities to be that compassionate for another person. there was a really long thread just a few days ago in here called "famous non-IBS liners" i bet you would enjoy reading it. it's really long, and not only will you get a good laugh, you'll feel the love! :love: i sure wish i had some pearls of wisdom to share with you, sadly i don't.
although, i have decided to basically stop talking to my mom about my health problems, and just hope that she leaves me alone. i dunno if that is a dumb idea, but i have to try something! best wishes to you!~mrs. mason

·
Registered
675 Posts
Here's a great one from my husband:(He wanted to have a dinner party for his cousins and aunt and uncle at our home.)"Pick a day when you'll be feeling okay and we'll have them over then."I told him to just pick any day. How can you explain anything to some of our loved ones?love,m-

·
Registered
675 Posts
Here's a great one from my husband:(He wanted to have a dinner party for his cousins and aunt and uncle at our home.)"Pick a day when you'll be feeling okay and we'll have them over then."I told him to just pick any day. How can you explain anything to some of our loved ones?love,m-

·
Registered
225 Posts
mamamia wrote: Here's a great one from my husband:(He wanted to have a dinner party for his cousins and aunt and uncle at our home.) "Pick a day when you'll be feeling okay and we'll have them over then."I told him to just pick any day. How can you explain anything to some of our loved ones? love,m- *** Priceless! That sounds like my husband!Although he does get 500 bonus points for calling the other day and saying, "Buddy & Wife want to go out after work. Are you having a good stomach day or a bad stomach day?"LOL! But it still is so like him. Like you're gonna know......I can be feeling fine for oh, say 6 weeks, and have 2 days of sheer heck all of a sudden. It's my own fault, though. I knew better than to a) eat the chicken strips from Popeyes Saturday for lunch and 2) eat ice cream.I can be dense as him sometimes, LOL.

·
Registered
225 Posts
mamamia wrote: Here's a great one from my husband:(He wanted to have a dinner party for his cousins and aunt and uncle at our home.) "Pick a day when you'll be feeling okay and we'll have them over then."I told him to just pick any day. How can you explain anything to some of our loved ones? love,m- *** Priceless! That sounds like my husband!Although he does get 500 bonus points for calling the other day and saying, "Buddy & Wife want to go out after work. Are you having a good stomach day or a bad stomach day?"LOL! But it still is so like him. Like you're gonna know......I can be feeling fine for oh, say 6 weeks, and have 2 days of sheer heck all of a sudden. It's my own fault, though. I knew better than to a) eat the chicken strips from Popeyes Saturday for lunch and 2) eat ice cream.I can be dense as him sometimes, LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.