Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been having abdominal pain and gas for the last 9 months. It all started with me having typhoid and getting on some antibiotics. The pain is not always there but when it comes, it blows you nuts. Lots of gas, bloating, and farting, too. Also, there is lots of fatigue. Is fatigue related to IBS. Had to stop my studies and can't even apply for a new job due to this. Currently on Tibetan Medicines. THanx

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Some people with IBS have fatigue (after all being in pain is tiring) but the fatigue should be evaluated by a medical doctor (even if you prefer other approaches there are somethings that Western medicine is very good at finding and treating) as MANY things cause fatigue. Some of them can be serious.It seems fairly common for people to get IBS after a GI infection or after antibiotics for something else (I do not knwo if Typhoid infects the GI tract as part of the illness or not).K.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey punkuz, U into punk? I'm not 100% certain if i have IBS but i have some of the sypmtoms and they make me very tired. I've had stomach pains now since the end of August and I've really struggled at times coz of lack of energy. I went to Africa in the summer of 1999 and have had on and off probs since then. Where did you get typhoid if you dont mind me asking?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts