Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UGH! I'm 3 months pregnant and IBS-D. I hadn't had any D for a month up until last week. Now I'm the D Queen.What's really bugging me though, is a sharp continuous stabbing pain on my left side, underneath my ribcage, the two bottom ribs. It hurts so bad I called into work today. It hurts to breathe, to move, and even to sleep. Hurts to touch too. Seems that when I get this pain, D comes soon after. (Well, very very very soft stools, which to me is D) My regular doc won't treat me because I am pregnant but he told me in the past it is gastroenteritis. I didn't know gastroenteritis was this severe.I have an appt with my OB today and I am not leaving the office until I have an answer, and I am not going to take this "Oh just wait it out" or "here take these pills that don't work" this time. I'm miserable and missing work because of this and it's completely insane.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Justinsmommy, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad. I've never been pregnant so I can't relate to that but I know all about pain and D and leaving the docs office with no answers. I just wanted to tell you good luck at your appt. and I hope you get some answers or something to take that will work for the pain. Keep us posted. Samantha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Justinsmommy, I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad. I've never been pregnant so I can't relate to that but I know all about pain and D and leaving the docs office with no answers. I just wanted to tell you good luck at your appt. and I hope you get some answers or something to take that will work for the pain. Keep us posted. Samantha

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There is a condition where the connective tissue in the ribs becomes inflamed and that can be pretty painful. Most typically the pain is in the center of the chest, but it can occur anywhere in the chest seeCostochondritis web pageGastroenteritis can be pretty severe, so it's hard to say it isn't that.And being pregnant, depending on what it is and what medications are available you may have to wait it out (there is usually a risk benefit type thing done when you are pregnant that is different from when you are not and some drugs are risky in pregnancy and that can effect which treatments you can take. The more risk to your continued survival the riskier the meds they will allow in pregnancy).K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There is a condition where the connective tissue in the ribs becomes inflamed and that can be pretty painful. Most typically the pain is in the center of the chest, but it can occur anywhere in the chest seeCostochondritis web pageGastroenteritis can be pretty severe, so it's hard to say it isn't that.And being pregnant, depending on what it is and what medications are available you may have to wait it out (there is usually a risk benefit type thing done when you are pregnant that is different from when you are not and some drugs are risky in pregnancy and that can effect which treatments you can take. The more risk to your continued survival the riskier the meds they will allow in pregnancy).K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.