Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What time do you take your medications during the day? Do you find that it makes a difference what time of day you take you medication in regards to how you feel for the day/next day?I tried taking my medication in the evening yesterday (instead of in the morning)..and it is the best morning that I've had in the last 2 weeks. Just wondering if it is concidence or maybe I could be onto something...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well it depends - do you mean medications in general, or specifically IBS ones? I take Imodium in the morning after a BM. (everything else I have to take several times a day)...before IBS, I usually had to poo in the morning all my life and if I don't take any medicines for my D for a couple days it reverts back to being the worst in the mornings...so I guess I always just figured I should take it after I'd had a BM and "emptied" myself. I never even tried it the other way! It would be interesting to know how I would operate on a different schedule, though...then I wouldn't have to spend so much time in the morning getting it all out of the way!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Specifically IBS-D medication. Mornings are constantly the worst time for me. For some reason, today was different. The only real change was taking the medication (probiotic, hyocyamine)in the evening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.