Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do any of you do to keep from getting sore from the tissue paper? What do you use to heal the sore tender skin? I'm alergic to many products and they make my problem worse rather than better. Even some tissue paper makes my skin raw.. I use only white unsented tissue. The softer the better.HELP....------------------L.B.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have you tried either neosporin or eucerin? I've resorted to neosporin on a number of occasions. You might also consider a bidet for home. There are a bunch of companies offering conversion kits for your toilet. Just do a websearch on bidet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried either neosporin or eucerin? I've resorted to neosporin on a number of occasions. You might also consider a bidet for home. There are a bunch of companies offering conversion kits for your toilet. Just do a websearch on bidet.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Cleansing with Balneol Lotion after bowel movements is very soothing if you are just having irritation from tissue. If you have a fissure, it is a little more complicated and there are other strategies to use. You might also want to try premoistened Tucks pads instead of toilet tissue.Good luck. ~JR~

·
Registered
332 Posts
Cleansing with Balneol Lotion after bowel movements is very soothing if you are just having irritation from tissue. If you have a fissure, it is a little more complicated and there are other strategies to use. You might also want to try premoistened Tucks pads instead of toilet tissue.Good luck. ~JR~

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A and D ointment may be helpful. It is used for babies diaper rash, is very soothing, and tends to be OK even for sensitive skin.I would suggest trying either the Cottonelle Wet toilet paper that is new or trying baby wipes for the wiping. Sometimes it is just that the paper is dry, using something strong and damp often cleans better and is easier on delicate skin (why we use baby wipes instead of TP on babies after all)You may want to check out one of the dry toilet papers that have aloe in them as having a bit of a soothing thing like aloe in them sometimes helps.K.------------------ kmottus###aol.com�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A and D ointment may be helpful. It is used for babies diaper rash, is very soothing, and tends to be OK even for sensitive skin.I would suggest trying either the Cottonelle Wet toilet paper that is new or trying baby wipes for the wiping. Sometimes it is just that the paper is dry, using something strong and damp often cleans better and is easier on delicate skin (why we use baby wipes instead of TP on babies after all)You may want to check out one of the dry toilet papers that have aloe in them as having a bit of a soothing thing like aloe in them sometimes helps.K.------------------ kmottus###aol.com�When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall�Think of it, ALWAYS. �Mahatma GandhiMy story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hibitane skin cleanser is what is used for cleansing the delicate skin after you have a baby and everytime you go to the washroom. It's an antiseptic cleanser. I used it after having my children along with baby wipes, unsented only.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hibitane skin cleanser is what is used for cleansing the delicate skin after you have a baby and everytime you go to the washroom. It's an antiseptic cleanser. I used it after having my children along with baby wipes, unsented only.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I agree with K about the wet wipes,Cottonelles are what I use. baby wipes are good also, but not flashable.I use Bag Balm for skin irritations. It is inexpensieve and works great. ------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I agree with K about the wet wipes,Cottonelles are what I use. baby wipes are good also, but not flashable.I use Bag Balm for skin irritations. It is inexpensieve and works great. ------------------You will never know that God is all you need....... until God is all you have. �� Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good
I understand how you feel though, I've been there!! I use Charmin toilet paper...it seems very soft compared to other brands. Also Angel Soft works well for me. (I'm not sure if you have Bi-Lo grocery stores near you, but they have buy-one-get-one-free buys on Charmin or Angel soft a LOT of weeks!!) I also use baby wipes when I'm feeling especially sore. And, like another poster mentioned, I use baby powder sometimes too. Hope this helps, and I hope you feel better!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're not feeling so good
I understand how you feel though, I've been there!! I use Charmin toilet paper...it seems very soft compared to other brands. Also Angel Soft works well for me. (I'm not sure if you have Bi-Lo grocery stores near you, but they have buy-one-get-one-free buys on Charmin or Angel soft a LOT of weeks!!) I also use baby wipes when I'm feeling especially sore. And, like another poster mentioned, I use baby powder sometimes too. Hope this helps, and I hope you feel better!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all for your helpful replys..Allergies to sented products is a problem for me. Most of the wipes are sented. I did find that using "Bag Balm" has helped very much. Glad I was a farm girl, and knew about it. We use it for a varity of skin problems. Northen quilted tissue I can use with out too much abrasion.Thanks again for your replys.
------------------L.B.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.