Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been suffering from severe abdominal pain for about 20 yrs. (now 31). I have had an exhaustive amont of testing done recently b/c the pain is almost a daily event. A colonoscopy showed some small yellow bumps (not ulcerated) in the descending and sigmoid colon. My dr. initially treated with asacol as IBD. I saw an improvement with the asacol for a 4 month period, but after further testing my dr. rescinded his diagnosis and took me off the asacol. Within 1 month the symptoms returned. The test that were conducted and normal were: ultasound of the abdomen, upper GI with small bowel, triple contrast abdominal scan. He said that he could find nothing to support the initial diagnosis, so changed it to IBS. I also took a lactose intolerence test that was off the charts; however, a very strict lactose diet has provided no relief. I have tried the antispasmatic meds without releif. After seeking a second opinion, that dr. read the previous drs. notes and concurred with one meeting. The pain is daily with severe episodes upto 4 or 5 times a week. A severe episode is more painful than labor and can last upto 2 hours. It seems to relieve with a series of bowel movements rendering me exhauseted. I will get dizzy, naseuas, have hot and cold flashes, and even get clostrophobic in severe cases. I do notice that I have an uncontrollable need to move or pace as if to help move it along. Is this normal for IBS or was the initial diagnosis more likely. All I really want to know is how to get rid of the pain!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.