Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The doctor last week told me he felt food was not related to bloating.I was told I could eat anything.Last night, I had 4 beers, carbonated beverages. Since then, I have felt an increase in bloating. I have felt bascked up, like there is more air in my body.The doctor had said he thought my bloating could be from constipation or too much air.I have several questions.Is it possible beer, carbonated beverages, can cause constipation or more air to be held, subsequently having more bloating?If this is case, it is likely this would be why I have more bloating today?I have taken Benefiber after this last night and twice so far this morning, it has helped some, but I continue to feel more bloated than I had before this.I wanted to know if there was anything, a food, a medicine, I can take to undo any harm the beer might have made, such as getting rid of the constipation or exceess air, subsquently reducing bloating.I want to undo the adverse effect of last night, as I had beer only because my doctor said food was not the issue.I wanted to know, do you feel food is part of the problem, and maybe, this not a stress but constipation and air issue as to why I am bloated?If so, what are normal treatment steps?What is also intersting, yesterday I took Benefiber, before I had beer, and I already was feeling it had diminised in effectivness.While this feels better than Citrucell, I still was going to the bathroom, and having to push very hard and then, not releasing everything if anything was came from my body.Do you also feel my doctor was wrong in guessing food was not related to my bloating, and that constipation and excess air are in the picture too?I wanted to know if any of you have had it where Benefiber has over a week reduced in it's ability to help, and if so, what can be done to make sure you get relief for it Basically, what can I do to undo last night, to release my bowels entirely and excess air? Thanks.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Constipation cause bloating.Stools sit there and cause fermentation to a new level.grrrTry coffee,it induce a BM usually.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
To be honest when im constipated i swear by a bowl of boiled rhubarb and ohmigod its not long before im on the loo..Also my gran always gave me liquorice when i was wee that also made me run to the loo..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Volatile,I am packing for my big trip, but missed your posts, so popped (not pooped!) in to see. Yep, you are back to asking others to diagnose your entire situation.Let me warn you: pushing hard to defecate is very dangerous and a major reason people get hemmerhoids (spelling?), or piles as they are called. You are straining the tissues in your colon and the blood vessels can become inflamed and actually then sag outside your spincter. All you need is to be constipated AND have hemmoroids from pushing too hard. Have you tried some exercises such as rocking back and forth on the toilet (forward and back?) and massaging the groin area? This can get the motility going again. Pushing hard is a big no no. Once you've had hemmoroids (and they can last for a month or more with pain and itching and burning) you will stop pushing. I suspect you will have to learn this for yourself, but am passing on this wisdom anyway.Now this final advice on this topic is going to be seen as gross by some, but it work. Get yourself an object (like a banana) or marital aid (blush!) and lubricate it with Crisco or some other clean gel, and insert it in the anus. Then work it around in and out. This is another way to jump start the intestinal motility and get yourself going again. I am not teasing - this is true. Of course, there are some gay men who do this for fun, not for medicinal purposes!! I don't think they use the same object, but I am offering you some alternatives that might work without (in your mind) compromising your manhood. (Blush).

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
As opposed to enema's etc why don't you try a gentle laxative from the chemist like Sennakot? Or buy some laxette's or something that will help you to go but not give you the massive explosion an enema will. Also yes, carbonation will cause you bloating. You are drinking gas bubbles of course it's going to give you gas! Stay away from the carbonation! If it's given you gas and bloat I suggest you take some gas-x to try and get rid of what's there then don't drink any more!Also if your hemms are bleeding get some hemm cream from the chemist. Straining is very bad for the bum! If you're having trouble get a footstool or something to put your feet on and squat over the loo (still sit on the seat but in a squating position) and while you are there sip on hot water and lemon to help get the bowels moving. Good luck (boy have you been busy today
)

G

·
Spas - interesting I think this is sometimes my problem - when I haven't had a poo for a day or two - get this really hideous rumbling and sore tummy - yumm do they really ferment? Could you make a drink out of that!!Sorry, had one or two too many glasses of red!!Sue

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As an update; I took MOM on Saturday.All night I had non stop gas.Yesterday I had gas and bloating, I only took three not the normal five tablespoons of SFS.Today I have had two bowel movements, fairly loose, but I stil feel bloated.In fact, I feel as if I have a lot of waste in my belly that if I could just release it, I would be all clear.However, when I have gone to the bathroom, not all of this has cleared, and now, when I try to go to the bathroom, I can not get it out even with a hard push too.Also of interest, I can not seem to go to the bathroom outside of my house; I try, but even when I do, the movement is much less and incomplete than at home.What do you think I should do and what do you think is my problem?Should I take five tablespoons of Benefiber, which I was last week, or Miralax or Zelnorm?What do you feel can solve this?Further, I had Chicken Fried Rice last night from Trader Joes, which is quite nutrious.I had bad gas; I wanted to know if Chicken Fried Rice can do this. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
I cant take fried chicken or rice it plays hell with my digestive system, funny thing is i can take boiled brown rice, but not white fried or boiled.. Its always the same what works for some may not work for another...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.