Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for something I can take to eliminate bad breathe that won't aggravate IBS problems.When I have used gum or candy, I get bloated, because I know the sugar or sugarless candy is not good.So what choices are there? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
One of my customers daughter uses pepermint altoids for IBS-D. She eats 2 with every meal. Worked for her. I tried them but it did nothing for me but they are strong so help with bad breath.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't know if you were thinking along the lines of oral supplements or what, but I have read that brushing your tongue (with your toothbrush & toothpaste) helps. I do it everytime I brush. Though, I don't think my breath is particularly bad, so I don't know if this really works or not.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Im not knocking anything that has been said, but surely chewing gum/ mints are merely covering up the problem for a wee while..Perhaps you should talk to your dentist and he may refer you to a dental hygeniest who can investigate why you have this problem, there could be underlying problems going on.. good luck with it..

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
quote:Originally posted by volatile:I'm looking for something I can have after meals to get my breathe less odorous.
Unless you are talking garlic and stuff like that which outgasses. Brushing your teeth and tongue after a meal is probably the best. And it is good for your teeth as well
If you can't do that then peppermint altoids. They do not have much that upsets IBS AND they have enough peppermint oil to reduce post-eating pain. So it is two for one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Volatile:prior to being diagnosed with H-Pylori bacteria suffered from severe bad breath. After being treated for the H-P bacteria, symptoms disappeared. Have not had bad breath since that time. Later developed IBS- have had success withAloe Vera Gel - Non Laxative-soothes the intestinesAcidophilus - good bacteriaTaking mega doses of both.Will take 3/7 days before you see results - dramatic results after 1st month.Hope this helps.Bill

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
If it's garlic that's the problem rather than your actual breath have you thought about chewing fresh parsley after your meal? You don't need much and it's a natural breath freshener (you could cut a bit up and pop it in a container in your bag while your out).

·
Registered
359 Posts
I found that the peppermint altoids sometimes upset my stomach. I just recently found that altoids makes a ginger flavor candy. Ginger altoids actually help my tummy feel better. I'm sure they would knock out any breath problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.