Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna give probiotics a try.But what do I look for. The more bacteria the better right. 10 billion per capsule is most I've read about sofar.Is there anything more than the amount of bacteria that matter?Do the quality differ between some products?

·
Registered
311 Posts
look for the most strains.............i've bought many different kinds..........the most reasonable & active i've found is the NSI brand from vitacost.com..........no matter what kind u get, get the most strains & if u want to know if they r active, when u get it open about 3 caps & add them to 1cp milk & put in a warm place for at least 24hrs...............if u get yogurt, it's live bacteria...........i've made yogurt many times & always add the probiotic caps to the yogurt starter & make really good yogurt with it.........the 1st time i did this, i found that by adding the caps to the stuff i already made, it was much thicker & tasted better, too..........the fact that it was thicker, told me these were live bacteria..........u can probably make yogurt just from the caps alone, altho, i haven't tried this............u know just by making ur own yogurt, u can grow the bacteria & it's rather cheap, too.........just don't sweeten it with sugar, cause that actually helps candida to grow..........i use stevia or zylitol to sweeten mine & add whatever flavor i like, but u do this after making the yogurt, not b 4 it's made...........

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Hi
Please visit our Over The Counter Forum for more info on Probiotics.Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.