Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
look for the most strains.............i've bought many different kinds..........the most reasonable & active i've found is the NSI brand from vitacost.com..........no matter what kind u get, get the most strains & if u want to know if they r active, when u get it open about 3 caps & add them to 1cp milk & put in a warm place for at least 24hrs...............if u get yogurt, it's live bacteria...........i've made yogurt many times & always add the probiotic caps to the yogurt starter & make really good yogurt with it.........the 1st time i did this, i found that by adding the caps to the stuff i already made, it was much thicker & tasted better, too..........the fact that it was thicker, told me these were live bacteria..........u can probably make yogurt just from the caps alone, altho, i haven't tried this............u know just by making ur own yogurt, u can grow the bacteria & it's rather cheap, too.........just don't sweeten it with sugar, cause that actually helps candida to grow..........i use stevia or zylitol to sweeten mine & add whatever flavor i like, but u do this after making the yogurt, not b 4 it's made...........

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.