Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to tell you only others with IBS with Constipation know what we endure each day. That's how it is with any Illness you don't know how bad it is until you have to go through it & then you see what people have been talking so much about. If I could have Normal Bowel Movements everyday I would feel like I was 16 again. I go through Chronic Depression along with about a dozen other health problems but it seems that the Constipation is the most Irritating almost as bad as Chronic Depression. Like people say just drink more water, Eat more Fiber, eat more Vegetables, Exercise More & you'll be fine but I got to tell you that's not how it works for us. We have to endure this IBS everyday of our lives & everything we do revolves around our Bowel Movements. I have missed Doctors Appointments because I was so Constipated. Day after Day with Enema's spending up to 2 hours at a time in the bathroom trying to push this s##t out. Going through Anal Tears, Hemorrhoids, Bleeding, Feelings of Incomplete Bowel Movements, Bloating, Stomach Cramps, Feelings of Fullness after eating only a few bites of food. This IBS effects every aspect of our Lives & those around us. IBS is a life changer. Only people who have it know what we go through each & every day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had IBS with C for years and it's exhausting. I'm so sick of drinking water, counting my fiber intake, getting plenty of exercise and nothing. I'm currently switching off between Trulance or Linzess but can't take daily due to severe diarrhea or nothing happens and I'm even more bloated. I use senikot laxatives on and off. My Dr said there's a new drug out that works with muscles which I think is what I need. It's very expensive and my insurance probably won't cover it. I'm going to pick up some samples from dr to try it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let us know if you get the new medicine & how it works for you. I was using Milk Of Magnesia with Ex-Lax for awhile & it worked ok but it isn't good for you & you can't take it almost every day. I was taking like 6 Ex-Lax Pills & a full dose of Milk Of Magnesia just to clean myself out so I wouldn't have to go poop for 3 or 4 days & that's not very healthy. The one thing about using laxatives is that it flushes out all the good bacteria out of your stomach. So I am just sticking with my Warm Water, Baking Soda & Salt enema to get out a little at a time until the next time then it starts over. Keep us updated on if you get the medicine & how good it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What does make the most of every day mean?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let us know if you get the new medicine & how it works for you. I was using Milk Of Magnesia with Ex-Lax for awhile & it worked ok but it isn't good for you & you can't take it almost every day. I was taking like 6 Ex-Lax Pills & a full dose of Milk Of Magnesia just to clean myself out so I wouldn't have to go poop for 3 or 4 days & that's not very healthy. The one thing about using laxatives is that it flushes out all the good bacteria out of your stomach. So I am just sticking with my Warm Water, Baking Soda & Salt enema to get out a little at a time until the next time then it starts over. Keep us updated on if you get the medicine & how good it works.
Ok I will try new prescription next week. Right now I'm documenting everything for Dr. Amount of water and fiber, fiber supplement, staying off laxatives and taking Trulance every night before dinner. It works the same as Linzess. I walk about 4 miles every day and will add yoga back into daily plan. My condition rules my life

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got to tell you only others with IBS with Constipation know what we endure each day. That's how it is with any Illness you don't know how bad it is until you have to go through it & then you see what people have been talking so much about. If I could have Normal Bowel Movements everyday I would feel like I was 16 again. I go through Chronic Depression along with about a dozen other health problems but it seems that the Constipation is the most Irritating almost as bad as Chronic Depression. Like people say just drink more water, Eat more Fiber, eat more Vegetables, Exercise More & you'll be fine but I got to tell you that's not how it works for us. We have to endure this IBS everyday of our lives & everything we do revolves around our Bowel Movements. I have missed Doctors Appointments because I was so Constipated. Day after Day with Enema's spending up to 2 hours at a time in the bathroom trying to push this s##t out. Going through Anal Tears, Hemorrhoids, Bleeding, Feelings of Incomplete Bowel Movements, Bloating, Stomach Cramps, Feelings of Fullness after eating only a few bites of food. This IBS effects every aspect of our Lives & those around us. IBS is a life changer. Only people who have it know what we go through each & every day.
This above message puts into words what what I have am experiencing -the link with Chronic Depression is what I'm dealing with also. The present year is 2021 and I hope to find recent research on all of this as it is affecting my daily quality of life. I am 79 and hope for better years left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts