Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
This sounds very similar to my situation. My stomach trouble started up after a bout with a cold where I took tons of OTC medicine and gave myself gastritis. For the next few months after that it seemed like I would puke and have D at the randomest of times. Over time though I have figured out there are certain foods that will trigger D. However my anxiety is a trigger too. And while all this was going on, I was adjusting to a lot of changes in my life (new job, new apt., death in the family, best friend marrying off and barely talking to her now) and that was a factor even though I didn't realize it. I was burying my emotions and I think they manifested into this whole thing.The only advice I can give from my experience so far is to take a look at what the root of your problems could be anxiety-wise (which won't happen overnight) and also examine your diet. I say this having had a bunch of tests that also showed nothing was majorly wrong with me either, which just adds to the frustration of figuring out why all this is happening. At least if there was a physical reason, they could prescribe a pill to make it all better (in theory), right? Anyhow, that's how I'm approaching the whole thing- which is definitely making me crazy in some ways. But I am seeing yet another doctor (3rd one this year) who has heard about my case and doesn't think it's IBS, so maybe he'll shed some kind of light.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.