Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
Hey Willie-B! You're the first person I've spoken with whose IBS came on just after getting married! It's now sort of an inside joke between my wife and me that she makes me sick
I have the exact same symptoms you speak of, though frequently the urge is there, but no D. I took Immodium for the first time the other day and it worked, and worked, and worked.....I couldn't even pass gas for a whole day! Anxiety plays a huge role in most people's IBS. If you didn't have it before, you certainly have it now! I started Paxil 3 weeks ago and I am having some success with it (though at first it made things worse). I also take a Calcium Supplement three times daily with each meal. I am also planning on starting therapy soon. I know my IBS is emotionally charged as I have very stressful living conditions (emotionally stressful) and I think if I deal with that the IBS will get better too! Please see your doctor -- I'm glad I finally started medicine for this, it's the only thing that seemed to work. Good luck and let me know how things go!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.